How many feet away?

Guest walkingdeadman

Guest walkingdeadman

I will be doing some suburban hunting this year. My grandpa owns 46 acres in Memphis and he gave me the go ahead and hunt it. I am worried about the restrictions and laws as to how far i need to be away from ones property line? I have looked around the twra site, and no luck there. Maybe I have overlooked it though? Anyhelp...As for the hunting out there. Last year there were I know atleast one 4 point and one 6 point bucks seen along with a herd of doe, ranging in numbers from 6 to 16. So I am excited to get out there and start hunting. Thanks, Roy B. :D

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest walkingdeadman

im not sweating it beacause where i am set up, i am probably bout 200 yards from the nearest line. but i wanted to know anyway for the future. now what about if i shoot a deer and he/she runs into someone elses yard. whats the proper way to handle that?

Guest SUNTZU
im not sweating it beacause where i am set up, i am probably bout 200 yards from the nearest line. but i wanted to know anyway for the future. now what about if i shoot a deer and he/she runs into someone elses yard. whats the proper way to handle that?

Get a war bonnet, paint your face, and yip a lot as you run into their yard without a shirt on to claim your game? :D

Are we talking an actual yard or another swatch of acreage?

Guest Mugster

Technically, you can't go get it without landowner permission. You'd be trespassing. The property's I hunt, I try to get permission to recover something on the adjoining spaces. I'd gamble on some type of violation to recover a wounded animal though. So far i've been pretty lucky. It gets worse every year.

Technically, you can't go get it without landowner permission. You'd be trespassing. The property's I hunt, I try to get permission to recover something on the adjoining spaces. I'd gamble on some type of violation to recover a wounded animal though. So far i've been pretty lucky. It gets worse every year.

I would go and ask the property owner. I have heard of people shooting a deer and it running on someone elses property and that owner wouldn't let him recover his deer. He might have went and got it for himself.

Guest SUNTZU
I would go and ask the property owner. I have heard of people shooting a deer and it running on someone elses property and that owner wouldn't let him recover his deer. He might have went and got it for himself.

Landowners permission, especially if its in the yard right near the house.

We had a similiar situation a couple of years ago. We could see the deer where it went down. It was shot on a WMA but ran to someones back yard before it dropped dead. Trying to do all the right things, I went to the house to ask to recover the deer. To my surprise...the chump said no! I had to call the game warden to help get our deer. Technically, the guy didn't have to let me have it. Next time, I'll use my military training and get it after dark!