Carrabba's in Hendersonville

Guest 3pugguy

Guest 3pugguy

Went there tonight with my wife and me both carrying concealed (did not see a sign - hope I am not losing my sight - looked all around the doors).

As the OP noted on the trip to Ruby Tuesday, we were both amazed - no one died, got angry, gun didn't jump out and get drunk and go on a rampage, etc. Bet as others noted that would give the editorial board at the "Spinnessean" a headache. The only damage was some minor reduction to my wallet contents (but dang, it was good).

My wife (who was also armed) noted how many of the other patrons were drinking and I said what is so sad on the whole hysteria about us having a legal handgun in a restarant is this:

the odds of one of those people going out after dinner and hurting or killing an innocent with their car (because they were impaired from drinking, another legal activity until they drive) was SO MUCH greater than the odds she or I would ever even PULL OUR GUN in self-defense that I have no idea how to even calculate it.

Yeah, go drink, drive...but God forbid you have a permit, eat, don't drink...

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. This whole thing has been boiling up for several months.

I've had it up to here (hand held at eye level) of all the attacks on innocent, law abiding, clean record having, permit holders. Permit holders have been called gun nuts, crazies, right wing extremists, red necks, idiots, and all sorts of vile names.

Randy Rayburn calls permit holders vigilantes.

First, permit holders can't drink and keep their permit. Drink = lose permit forever. (you don't have to commit a crime, you just have to touch the drink to your lips)

On the other hand, a DUI (crime) will allow you to get your drivers license back eventually. It gives the drunks more chances to kill.

Permit holders carry to "save their life". Drinking, on the other hand often leads to the loss of life on a daily basis.

You've got the bar tenders continuing to serve the Long Island Tea's to the non-permitted patrons, then the patrons get in their cars and we hope they don't kill anyone. It happens every night at ALL the bars. It happens at Randy Rayburn's bars. I guess if death doesn't happen inside the bar, it's not his problem.

What's the most risk to the public on a daily basis?

A loaded gun concealed in the pocket of a legal permit holder for self defense or an intoxicated 21 year old who just left Randy Rayburn's bar driving drunk down Old Hickory Blvd?

If you listen to Adam Dread and Randy Rayburn, it's the permit holder.

HOW FREAKIN' CRAZY IS THAT? It's also the mother of all hypocrisy.

They claim that laws never stopped anyone from driving drunk. (Fact)

They also claim that a permit holder is going to drink too. . . then go on a shooting rampage. Or, a permit holder will let a drunk take their weapon away from them and they shoot up the place. (hypothetical touted as fact)

Do we need to dig up how many people Randy Rayburn's patrons have killed or how much property damage was caused by folks he's helped serve to prove who is truly the most risk to the innocent public?

His bar will assist in doing more damage to the public in a year than the 200,000 permit holders in Tennnessee will do in their entire lifetimes.

I don't have a problem with him posting his bars. I support his right to do so, but don't call permit holders vile names and accuse of them of things that haven't happened.

The bar owners and the nature of their business are far more dangerous to the public than a permit holder will ever be.

With that, I'll close.

Guest kdpate
Well stated Champ198 :D

x2. :up:

I've started coming to theconclusion that Rayburn is trying to CYA due his revenue is more in alcohol sales than in food. Go figure....:up:

Guest HexHead

They claim that laws never stopped anyone from driving drunk. (Fact)

Well they easily could. The legislature just needs to pass a law that all alcohol in restaurants and bars must be served "by the drink" (no bottles of wine or pitchers of beer or margaritas ) with a TWO DRINK MAXIMUM.

People will still be able to enjoy a drink with dinner or out with their friends, but it will not only curb drunk driving (I didn't say eliminate) but also someone getting so hammered he's going to try and disarm a gun carrier. Which is what they seem to be so worried is going to happen. :up:

Guest HexHead
x2. :D

I've started coming to theconclusion that Rayburn is trying to CYA due his revenue is more in alcohol sales than in food. Go figure....:up:

I've been saying all along the opposition has been too irrational to be about anything other than the money. Just follow the money.

Guest pws_smokeyjones
Well they easily could. The legislature just needs to pass a law that all alcohol in restaurants and bars must be served "by the drink" (no bottles of wine or pitchers of beer or margaritas ) with a TWO DRINK MAXIMUM.

People will still be able to enjoy a drink with dinner or out with their friends, but it will not only curb drunk driving (I didn't say eliminate) but also someone getting so hammered he's going to try and disarm a gun carrier. Which is what they seem to be so worried is going to happen. :google:

Actually I see that as making things more dangerous on the roads. With a known two-drink max at the bar, most people would tank up at home first, then drive (drunk) to the bar or restaurant to hang out with friends while having their two legal drinks.

I know. This whole thing has been boiling up for several months.

I've had it up to here (hand held at eye level) of all the attacks on innocent, law abiding, clean record having, permit holders. Permit holders have been called gun nuts, crazies, right wing extremists, red necks, idiots, and all sorts of vile names.

Randy Rayburn calls permit holders vigilantes.

The bar owners and the nature of their business are far more dangerous to the public than a permit holder will ever be.

With that, I'll close.

Amen brother!! Well said!!

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

LEROY

Guest TurboniumOxide

They are picking on us *BECAUSE* we are law abiding citizens who probably won't stalk and kill them; the BS artists spreading the lies feel safe. Cowards.

I would be willing to bet that if there was a cover charge to carry your legal handgun, say ten bucks, that none of these people would have had a problem with this.

They want money, it is always about money. Simply they know if you carry you will not drink alcohol. They don;t want you in their restaurant if you are not drinking.

Guest 3pugguy
I would be willing to bet that if there was a cover charge to carry your legal handgun, say ten bucks, that none of these people would have had a problem with this.

They want money, it is always about money. Simply they know if you carry you will not drink alcohol. They don;t want you in their restaurant if you are not drinking.

You may be right. It was funny, one of the first things the server mentioned to us is that is was "Thursday Wine night" and 10 bucks off any bottle of wine - crikey, there were only two of us, even if we HAD been drinking. Who the hell would have driven?

Gotta love it (Ok, not really, grrrrrrrrr...). But good on Carrabba's - plus great food.

Guest 3pugguy

Champ198 -

I agree...drinking and driving kills a lot of innocents (my wife's sister counted among the victims).

And what gets me in all of this hysteria is nothing changed regarding the law against us drinking and carrying, nothing, nada, zilch, zip, zero - you know, like the number of intelligent anti-carry arguments I have read.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I could not agree more. This never was about guns or safety, its about money. Selling alcohol is fast and (relatively) easy money. If they were really concerned about safety, you would have to check your car keys at the door and pass a breath test to get them back before leaving.