Job leads?

Guest Arko

I was going to ask if anyone near 'Nooga had real job leads, but then I figured, what the hell, let's go statewide. I'll move if I must, AND I know I'm not the only TGO member looking for a new job. Maybe we can help someone out.

PS, just for some comic relief, I posted this on Chatt Craigslist. I'll let you know if anyone replies!

Hire Me!

I can swing a hammer and use proper grammar.

I can cook and clean and work harder than a teen.

Manage a crew? I can do that for you!

Work on a line? Any work you define.

Herd cats? I can even do that!

Retail? Getting the sale, I'll never fail.

Overqualified? Please. Just to work I'd be mollified.

So, any leads for those of us looking?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the poem resume :sadwave:

Sad to report,I'm fixing to have to look for something myself ;)

Good luck!

Geez man, I knew there were a few of us, but you too?

Crap.

Guest coldblackwind
im looking too but i cant move so anything in manchester area with a say 30 mile radius?

I know caldwells was hiring a grease monkey a couple weeks ago if you know anything about cars. Could have filled it by now though, its been a bit.

My job iinvolves helping military veterans find jobs. I've been doing that for about 12 years now...it's never been harder. The jobs that are out there seem to be paying less and less and requiring much more in the way of qualifications...we seem to be exporting jobs...and all these new welfare programs and green endeavors like cap and trade are absolutely going to result in higher taxes...and higher everything else...maybe for all of us, but even if its just the wealthier...who do you think owns the business? if they are paying higher taxes and higher helathcare premiums...they sure won't be hiring...when are people going to wake up?

My job iinvolves helping military veterans find jobs. I've been doing that for about 12 years now...it's never been harder. The jobs that are out there seem to be paying less and less and requiring much more in the way of qualifications...we seem to be exporting jobs...and all these new welfare programs and green endeavors like cap and trade are absolutely going to result in higher taxes...and higher everything else...maybe for all of us, but even if its just the wealthier...who do you think owns the business? if they are paying higher taxes and higher helathcare premiums...they sure won't be hiring...when are people going to wake up?

Sigh.:devil:

Guest gcrookston

Nobody in the SE needed a commercial equipment lender or sales manager, operations manager... I'm off to Seattle next week to wait out the storm while keeping my resume floating around.... Sad statistic I saw in Fortune's latest edition... 49% of the unemployed in 2008-9 have run out of benefits without finding work. Additionally, I assume as they are not receiving benefits they are not counted in the statistics.

I did get this email today that kind of gave me a chuckle. I'd applied for a position and just in case I didn't get the point they replied in two languages:

fromjessica_walker@adp.com

togcrookston

dateTue,July14,2009 1:12 PM

subjectThank you for your interest

Dear Glen,

Thank you for your interest in employment with ADP.

We have received a large number of applicants for the position you have applied for and have taken the time to assess each individually on merit. Although we were impressed with your background and experience, we have decided to pursue another applicant whose background and skills more closely match the requirements of the role.

We invite you to visit the Career Section on our website regularly at www.adp.com and apply for any future positions which you feel are a good fit for your skills and experience.

Again, we would like to thank you for your interest in joining ADP and wish you all the best in your search for the next step in your career.

Kind Regards,

ADP Staffing

Madame/Monsieur,

Nous vous remercions de l’intérêt que vous portez aux possibilités de carrière chez ADP.

Nous avons reçu beaucoup de demandes pour le poste auquel vous avez postulé et nous les avons évaluées individuellement au mérite. Bien que nous ayons été impressionnés par vos qualifications et votre expérience, nous avons choisi un autre candidat dont les qualifications et les compétences répondaient davantage aux exigences du poste.

Nous vous invitons à visiter régulièrement la section Carrières de notre site Web à www.adp.com et à postuler pour les postes auxquels correspondent vos aptitudes et votre expérience.

Nous aimerions vous remercier encore de votre intérêt pour ADP et nous vous souhaitons beaucoup de succès dans vos recherches.

Cordialement,

Service de recrutement d’ADP

AID:58

Edited by gcrookston

I got an e-mail today that VW is still hiring people with Master's degrees or greater in Engineering, HR and Purchasing. Not sure how hiring is going w/ the hourly jobs, but I'm sure they have been overwhelmed with applications.

"Additionally, I assume as they are not receiving benefits they are not counted in the statistics."

That's my story. I was contract, waiting to be hired onto their payroll. Hence, no benefits.

Guest clsutton21

Sadly I visited the DHS office yesterday. Apparently, if you have no job, you can't qualify for food stamps. It's not that I don't want to work, it's that that I can't find any work. It seems to me that I deserve them a lot more than someone walking around outside smoking cigarettes that isn't even trying. Plus, I'm a student for heaven's sake...there's no longer any help for the hardworking American out there anymore. The only way you can get it is if you are a minority, too lazy to do anything, or don't need it.

Guest coldblackwind
Sadly I visited the DHS office yesterday. Apparently, if you have no job, you can't qualify for food stamps. It's not that I don't want to work, it's that that I can't find any work. It seems to me that I deserve them a lot more than someone walking around outside smoking cigarettes that isn't even trying. Plus, I'm a student for heaven's sake...there's no longer any help for the hardworking American out there anymore. The only way you can get it is if you are a minority, too lazy to do anything, or don't need it.

Well, kind of a bandaid fix, but as a student you can get some pretty decent loans and grants. They offered me something like 16k between grants, subsidized loans, and unsubsidized loans when I first applied. Gotta pay it back, but at least it gives you a leg up until you can find a job, and if you don't go for the unsubsidized there isn't any interest until 6 months after you graduate/stop going full time.

Any truckers?

Over the Road FLatbed Driver needed. Clean MVR, clean safety record. 5- 10 years, stable and verifiable work history. Flat bed experience required. Dedication a must. Scoggins Trucking 423-618-9760

Any of you have Hydraulic or electronics experience?

I have a little bit of both, but certainly mastery of neither. How much experience are we talking about?

I have a little bit of both, but certainly mastery of neither. How much experience are we talking about?

C-Innovation ROV Supervisors / Senior Technicians

If you apply for this it would be a Junior Technician

I got into this industry with an Electronics background, this link is to a company that I know is hiring, if you can be away from home and not get seasick it is worth looking into, it never hurts to send your resume if interested. If in fact they do decide to interview they will fly you there for it. This is NOT the company that I work for but they do the same thing :popcorn:

Edited by willis68
C-Innovation ROV Supervisors / Senior Technicians

I got into this industry with an Electronics background, this link is to a company that I know is hiring, if you can be away from home and not get seasick it is worth looking into, it never hurts to send your resume if interested. If in fact they do decide to interview they will fly you there for it. This is NOT the company that I work for but they do the same thing :popcorn:

The wife may object on being away if it's a long time, but I'm going to check it out.

Thanks!

Guest clsutton21

I wish I could apply to that, but with school coming again soon...it would be pointless. I do build my own computers, work on household and vehicle electrics, and have fixed tractor hydraulics since I was old enough to to carry a cylinder. I'm not sure that my experience is what they need though. Haha.