So where did all of us go on the 14th?

Guest benchpresspower

Guest benchpresspower

Took the wife to Famous Dave's BBQ here in Hermitage. No posting at all. Went in, ate and much to my surprise I didn't have the urge once to shoot the place up. I guess since my eyes didn't have direct contact with a beer bottle or mixed drink is what surely saved my life and the numerous folks that were in there as well.:D:D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to go out because of work, but I'm going out tonight. However, in the need to do SOMETHING, I open carried in a gas station. I bought gas, smokes, a bag of dill pickle chips, wished the clerk a good night, and left.

I was literally amazed that my gun didn't hop out and take over the store or get taken away from me by a crazed thug. :D

Guest bkelm18
I didn't get to go out because of work, but I'm going out tonight. However, in the need to do SOMETHING, I open carried in a gas station. I bought gas, smokes, a bag of dill pickle chips, wished the clerk a good night, and left.

I was literally amazed that my gun didn't hop out and take over the store or get taken away from me by a crazed thug. :D

I am surprised your gun didn't get taken away from you and used to pistol whip you for buying dill pickle chips. :P

Worked last night...going out tomorrow night to Jackson.

Planning on Logan's, if not posted. If it is, will look for some place else....Sparky's has said he doesn't intend to post.

Where ever I go (or don't) will try to let someone in charge know why.

Old Goat.....if you ever need any help with those cold beers....just holler. :P

Guest JHatmaker
Shut your mouth heathen! That recipe was handed down from God himself! They are awesome.

I have to concur, Dill Pickle Chips are the shizznit.

Guest nokomom

I went out in the Cooper Young District area so that I could see who did and didn't post out of the clump of restaurants there. Then I went home, met up with my husband and put my gun in the safe so we could go out for martinis at Side Street where currently it is NOT posted. We DID wear our TGO hats!

We got eyeballed pretty well in Side Street (hats) when we sat at the bar but by the time we left everyone there relaxed and loved us. It was good for them to see gun owners who dined, had a martini, and then tipped well I think. As long as they don't post we will go back. The bartender was great.

After we finished our martini at Side Street we headed to Young Ave Deli. I'm really happy to report that the female bartender is very pro-gun. She said she is pretty sure they are NOT posting. Poor girl said she had a bottle broken on her head a few weeks ago!

Also, the people smoking outside Young Ave Deli said they are pro-gun too. These are obviously real Memphis Midtowners. Anyone who has lived here any length of time knows EXACTLY why you might need a gun in a park or restaurant and usually has a few stories to tell.

I went out in the Cooper Young District area so that I could see who did and didn't post out of the clump of restaurants there. Then I went home, met up with my husband and put my gun in the safe so we could go out for martinis at Side Street where currently it is NOT posted. We DID wear our TGO hats!

We got eyeballed pretty well in Side Street (hats) when we sat at the bar but by the time we left everyone there relaxed and loved us. It was good for them to see gun owners who dined, had a martini, and then tipped well I think. As long as they don't post we will go back. The bartender was great.

After we finished our martini at Side Street we headed to Young Ave Deli. I'm really happy to report that the female bartender is very pro-gun. She said she is pretty sure they are NOT posting. Poor girl said she had a bottle broken on her head a few weeks ago!

Also, the people smoking outside Young Ave Deli said they are pro-gun too. These are obviously real Memphis Midtowners. Anyone who has lived here any length of time knows EXACTLY why you might need a gun in a park or restaurant and usually has a few stories to tell.

Glad to hear that. With the number of liberals that live in the midtown area, I am happily surprised to hear your report.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

nokomom - good for you and your husband for playing it straight. That is the side of TN HCP holders that nobody ever talks about.

As for me, I celebrated Tuesday by going to Ruby Tuesdays - of course.

Guest logicprevails

I checked out O'Charley's and Applebee's in Springfield to see if they had posted...didn't see a sign at either, then walked in the liquor store, bought a half-pint of Dickel, went to Krystals and ate, then went home, Dickel unopened, of course.

Chop House in Chattanooga. Fantastic prime rib and salad, washed it down with a Coke, delicious! No shots fired, and I don't think anyone noticed I was carrying a Mil Spec 1911. Amazing, law abiding citizens, armed, in the presence of the devil alcohol and still no one was killed. It will be nice when the hand wringing and other silliness on the part of our local elected officials quieten down, I'm certain a pattern of non-events will follow the passage of these laws and it will stop being a hot news item soon.:devil:

Guest TurboniumOxide

Well at least michael jackson is being quickly forgotten about. I stayed at home, just another day in paradise.

I went to Red Lobster in Rivergate. Was not posted and I looked closely. Took my roscoe out and layed it on the table to insure I'd get good service! Never had a problem! The shrimp was delicious! (Kidding about putting it on the table, of course! I believe in concealed carry. )

Guest Smitty

I stayed home, but I'm pretty sure I"ll be going out to one of these establishments to celebrate my father's birthday next week. He likes his steak, and his guns. ^.^

Chop House in Chattanooga. Fantastic prime rib and salad, washed it down with a Coke, delicious! No shots fired, and I don't think anyone noticed I was carrying a Mil Spec 1911. Amazing, law abiding citizens, armed, in the presence of the devil alcohol and still no one was killed. It will be nice when the hand wringing and other silliness on the part of our local elected officials quieten down, I'm certain a pattern of non-events will follow the passage of these laws and it will stop being a hot news item soon.:chill:

LOVE THE CHOP HOUSE!!! Even though I don't live in Chattanooga, I've eaten there many times with my mom and dad and other family. Great food, great service, and great news to hear that they are welcoming law-abiding gun owners.

Guest TackleberryTom
6 or so of us went out to Hooters last night.

OOH! Hooters sounds good. But I couldn't carry if I went...Nothin' like a tall Blue Moon and hot wings.Making me hungry.