Finally got my Del Ton AR

Guest db99wj

Guest db99wj

Pictures953.jpg?t=1247580093

?action=view&current=Pictures954.jpgPictures954.jpg?t=1247602350

16" Mid-Length Rifle Kit [16 Rifle Kit - ML Barrel:DTI 16" 1x9 Mid-Length HeavyChrome lIned Barrel][16 Rifle Kit / Rifle -ML Handguards:Mid-Length Handguard with Heat Shields][Rifle Kit / Rifle -BC:Standard Bolt & Carrier][Rifle Kit / Rifle -Buttstock:M4 Buttstock - Black][Rifle Kit / Rifle -Grips:Ergo Sure Grip -Right hand][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Carrying Handle:None][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Flash Hiders:A2 Flash Hider][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Gas Blocks:Standard A2 Front Sight][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Lower Parts:Standard Lower Parts][Rifle Kit / Rifle-T Handle:Standard Charging Handle][Rifle Kit / Rifle-Uppers:Flat Top Upper with T-Marks]

It is a flat top, I installed the detachable carry handle it already. The lower from Anvil Arms. I also got a Ergo Grip replacement for the standard grip shown.

This finish is a little different, I think, but it is not as obvious as the picture shows. The lower is dry, no oil, the upper has a nice coat of oil on it.

Next step, putting it together. Might use the vice grip, turning the knob technique.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
Its broken! ;)

Smarta.....wait...that's funny!:P

Super glue??

Enough out of you.:D

Dude, they forgot the trigger!!

Congrats on finally getting it, you had been waiting a while hadn't you?

December 30th. In it for $725. Probably could have paid $60 bucks less on the stripped lower, but I guess I like to buy things at the peak of pricing.:tough:;)

Smarta.....wait...that's funny!:P

Enough out of you.:D

December 30th. In it for $725. Probably could have paid $60 bucks less on the stripped lower, but I guess I like to buy things at the peak of pricing.:D;)

I did the same thing with my lower :rolleyes:

All I need now is the complete barreled upper to complete my build. I am torn between the M4 style and the midlength handguards. I am leaning towards the mid like yours. I think it would be a little better if I ever use it to hunt with.

I like it. Looks great!

Guest db99wj

Ok, some updated pics of the AR, with new and improved trigger....

I did manage to launch the pivot pin across the room, bounce off my computer bag and land on the floor, thanks to my wife, we found it. One issue with putting hammer/hammer spring assembly in correctly, didn't position the spring correctly so it would not fire....The way the spring bends and the pressure you have to put on it, doesn't seem right...it is. Putting the Hammer pin in was not hard, but it was a bit of a PIA to get everything all lined up, especially when it was in wrong. No shots of the actual build, those would not be that exciting. I used the ar15 website, there is a "build your own" thread that has a great write up. So here is the finished product. The grip is an Ergo Crip. Nice upgrade.

DSCN3178.jpg?t=1247955345

DSCN3177.jpg?t=1247955375

DSCN3175.jpg?t=1247955412

Edited by db99wj