Anyone familiar with these shows?

Guest PapaB

Guest PapaB

Coming to Sparta (White County) this weekend. Formerly "The Smoky Mountain Gun & Knife Shows" now called "the Great American Gun & Knife Show". Have they been in Middle TN before? I may go just to see what there is but wondered if anyone has input on them.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going... I went to the one that they had earlier this year and was pleased with the stuff walking around at the show. It is a small show and the isles are tight if the same crowd turns out.

Guest Spuds

These shows have been disappointing from what I've heard from all who've attended. The Sparta show that is put on by Bill Bohannan is a nice small show put on twice a year. The Great American or whatever their name is this week is the new kid on the block. I'm afraid this outfit is going to soil the reputation of the original Sparta show.

Guest PapaB
I went to the last one and will be at this one too. Great show if you like buying from individuals. It seems like everybody had a gun to sell.

I'll be there wearing a black Federal ammo hat. Say hello if you see me.

Will do. I'll be there with my better half this morning. I'll look like my avatar - scarry. :rofl:

Guest coldblackwind

Wait, sparta is this weekend? Well, there goes the rest of my day, gee thanx guys, now I have to drive an hour over there!

That was the worst gun show I've ever been to. Very narrow isles, people elbow to elbow, not many parts and accessories, no reloading supplies, very little ammo. A waste of my time and money to go.

Pretty sure I've heard that somewhere before.

Guest coldblackwind

Usually that's actually a pretty good show. Today...well....today was kind of pathetic. I walked the whole show in about 10-15 minutes. Aisles were painfully small, if anyone stopped, or came the other way, you were pretty much stuck, and there was a lot of junk. One guy had a deal any two long guns on the table for $100, I've never seen so much tape on guns in one place in my life! Half of them looked like they wouldn't even fire, the other half looked like they would, but it was taking your life into your own hands. The entire left wall was junk that wasn't even gun related, and half of the right was stuff like duffel bags, and surplus clothing. Basically, lot of junk, few guns, and virtually no ammo.

Guest Spuds
Usually that's actually a pretty good show. Today...well....today was kind of pathetic.

Again, the Great American or whatever their name is this week shows are not the same as the original Sparta show put on by--I think his name is--Bill Bohannon. These guys are ruining that venue I'm afraid.

Guest PapaB

There is another show there in Sept., the 18th I think. That's the one they usually have in Spring and Fall. They had fliers on it near the door. I've heard it's a pretty good show so I'm planning on going to it.

The one this weekend is worth avoiding unless you're really really really boored. coldblackwind's info is right on target. Hopefully these "Great American show" guys won't be back.