Any Palm Pre Owners?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jcochran88
I'm in that area (Dickson, Bon Aqua, Lyles, Charlotte, Only) every Thursday, and I haven't noticed any issues with my Treo. My Nextel does have some issues though.

Well it has been a couple of years since I had there service, thats why I switched to Verizon.

Well it has been a couple of years since I had there service, thats why I switched to Verizon.

I just wish all the companies had the same damn phones. Due to the monthly cost for my needs, it looks like I'm going to likely stick with Sprint.

After all the rebates, the Palm Pre will be $199, but with the threat of losing me when my contract ends in 2 months, I'm pretty sure I can get it for cheaper.

Guest c.a.s.

I have heard plenty of good about the Palm Pre. I don't own one, though. I haven't even gotten to try one out. So my opinion isn't worth much but a minor agregate of online opinions.

As an ATT customer, I say..... STAY AWAY. Our home phone services are extremely limited since they bought Bellsouth, and then they bought out Cingular, who actually used to be alright, and who we had our cell plan with. So we have two bills to them. They gouge both.

Now I can't wait to switch over to Verizon if I get the chance. I just wish they offered their landline service and landline internet services here in Clinton.

Guest clsutton21

If you compare the ATT and Verizon coverage maps, you can see why Verizon would be better.

ATT

Verizon

• 6 months later...
I love mine. I cracked the screen and had to deal with a loaner phone for a few days. It Sucked!

I really like the fact that the Pre continues to get better and better with each update.

Does it, and others like it, have the amount of apps the Iphone has? Most of my friends have the Iphone, have all sorts of great apps. My friends with blackberry's...either don't or don't use them for whatever reason. All these new phones coming out, like the Pre, the Android etc, and I know they can compete with the web browsing, the screen, and has apps, but do they have as many, and are they decent? For example, do they have a decent GPS navigation app? Financial software like Quicken or similiar? Some of the games?

I'm afraid not to get an Iphone, because if I don't, I will see one of my friends apps and look for it for mine, and there "Won't be an App for that? Are apps phone specific?

Does it, and others like it, have the amount of apps the Iphone has? Most of my friends have the Iphone, have all sorts of great apps. My friends with blackberry's...either don't or don't use them for whatever reason. All these new phones coming out, like the Pre, the Android etc, and I know they can compete with the web browsing, the screen, and has apps, but do they have as many, and are they decent? For example, do they have a decent GPS navigation app? Financial software like Quicken or similiar? Some of the games?

I'm afraid not to get an Iphone, because if I don't, I will see one of my friends apps and look for it for mine, and there "Won't be an App for that? Are apps phone specific?

I have a Pre because I'm still on contract with Sprint another year and a half. I like it, but I expect it to lose out in the long term to the iPhone and Android series. I'm hoping that by the time my contract is up that a decent carrier like Verizon will have the iPhone. If not I'll look and see what the current state of phones may be. In the meantime the Pre is a nice little toy that does very well. Does it have as many apps? No. Does it do everything I really need? Yes.

For GPS I have Sprint Navigation and integrated Google maps. They work pretty well.

And yes, apps are phone specific. iPhone apps will not work on Android phones. Android apps will not work on Pre phones. etc..