Have to write in for info on HCP status?

Guest JHatmaker

Guest JHatmaker

One of my best friends who applied along with me back in Feb of this year for our HCP's still hasn't gotten his yet (or approval for that matter). He's called several times to check the status and everytime they tell him they haven't received any of his background checks yet. I just checked with him today and he said he received a letter stating he could only write in from now on to inquire about his status, since it was a personal matter....

Has anyone ever received a letter similiar to this? Is there maybe a limit on how many times you can call in, or could something more serious be going on. I'm wondering if there's anything else he could do. Again, according to them, they haven't received one background back since the end of Feb when he applied.

Just curious on if someone else has ever gotten that letter. I feel bad for him since mine came back so quickly and his seems to be going no where.

(Apologize if this is something new that just came out and has already been discussed, I haven't screened through many posts in this particular section of the boards for a while)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

two years ago I had cause to contact TDOS in writing. I was replied to in a reasonable amount of time.

Can't imagine why nothing is coming back on him, unless you are not getting the entire story and he has been denied. ( not accusing your buddy or nothing, just typing out loud.)

Guest JHatmaker
IMO something popped up when his BGC's did come in. If that is the case there is reference on the letter that states what the issue is. Did you see the letter or did he just tell you about it?

Just told me about it.

Guest JHatmaker
two years ago I had cause to contact TDOS in writing. I was replied to in a reasonable amount of time.

Can't imagine why nothing is coming back on him, unless you are not getting the entire story and he has been denied. ( not accusing your buddy or nothing, just typing out loud.)

No problem, that's a reasonable idea, there could be something else going on that I don't know of. Next time we meet up I'll see if he has the letter available. Just trying to help him out, but I'm sure it's just standard policy if something out of the ordinary has come back.

Thanks for the replies.

Guest Isaac

Having worked for the state in the past, that sounds exactly like their butt covering tactics when it comes to disclosing information that the person will likely not enjoy receiving.

• 1 month later...

i called yesterday about the status of my permit and was told i would be receiving a letter in about 3 weeks. i have no reason to believe that i would be denied a permit. and why 3 WEEKS? makes no sense whatsoever to me. i have called every week since week one so maybe they are just tired of hearing my voice.