Taurus Millennium PT140 Pro

Guest proudsuthrner

Guest proudsuthrner

if there is anyone that knows much about the millennium pro pt140 and can tell me some things about it, i would appreciate it. like how it performs etc... thanks for the help, if you help lol

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PT 140 is my EDC, what do you need to know ? Mine took about 50 rounds to break in, it shoots great and is very accurate, it has a single action trigger so is very nice to shoot, comfy in your hand, I trust my life to mine.

Guest proudsuthrner

that is good to hear. it is that i have read where some have had issues with the magazine falling out after about 200 rnds through it. do you know anything about that? and i would be trusting my life with it too.

PT 140 is my EDC, what do you need to know ? Mine took about 50 rounds to break in, it shoots great and is very accurate, it has a single action trigger so is very nice to shoot, comfy in your hand, I trust my life to mine.

Is there an easy way to tell if a PT is SA/DA or DAO without pulling the trigger? I was looking at a few different varieties at Academy (where you may not dry fire) and I was seeing conflicting information on the description card and what the clerk was claiming.

Guest TXRoadhouse

the Millenium Pro - SA/DA

Millenium - DAO

i believe that is the marking on the DAO, but the Pro model is definately the SA/DA.

That being said i carry the 24/7 Pro C DS in 45. it is basicly the same size and uses the pt145 10 round mag for a flush fit and came with a 12 round mag with finger extention for a back up. it also has a decocker/safety so you can carry cocked n' locked or with DA first shot. great pistol for about $10 more than the mil pros.

the Millenium Pro - SA/DA

Millenium - DAO

i believe that is the marking on the DAO, but the Pro model is definately the SA/DA.

That being said i carry the 24/7 Pro C DS in 45. it is basicly the same size and uses the pt145 10 round mag for a flush fit and came with a 12 round mag with finger extention for a back up. it also has a decocker/safety so you can carry cocked n' locked or with DA first shot. great pistol for about $10 more than the mil pros.

I was looking at the Mil Pro model, and the guy kept insisting that it was DAO, that the sign was wrong, and he was 100% positive it was DAO. I was going to buy it because I thought it was SA/DA but I walked away. Maybe I should have picked it up anyways.

Guest JHatmaker

I owned one previously as well. It was a great little gun, especially for the money. I put roughly 500 rounds through it and don't recall having any issues with it. Mine was the Pro with Double/Single action, and I believe I paid $329 for it.

Is there an easy way to tell if a PT is SA/DA or DAO without pulling the trigger? I was looking at a few different varieties at Academy (where you may not dry fire) and I was seeing conflicting information on the description card and what the clerk was claiming.

Three distinct series or generations of Millennium pistols have been produced. The 1st series featured double action only triggers and a 10 round magazine capacity. The 2nd series resulted from a complete redesign of the 1st, offering a more ergonomic and visually pleasing design, but retaining the double action only trigger system. The 2nd series also introduced the 'Taurus Security System' (TSS), the Taurus version of an Integrated firearm locking safety system, as well as the enhancements Taurus categorizes as the Millennium ‘Pro’ package. The 3rd series added single/double action triggers on several models in lieu of the double action only of the first two series. Additionally, the grips of 3rd generation pistols are available in various different colors and the grip stippling is altered; tactical or Picatinny rail accessory mounts are also an option.[5]

Taurus Millennium series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia