Frank Mir on Guns

Well if you're an MMA fan you know that Frank Mir lost to Brock Lesnar tonight at UFC 100. I like both Mir and Lesnar and was psyched about this fight(and it went pretty much how I expected). I knew that Lesnar was pro gun and an avid hunter. He is also sponsored by ATK(the company that owns Speer, Federal, RCBS, etc.). I didn't know where Mir stood on guns, but as I was stumbling around the internet looking for more video of tonight's fight I ran across this clip from MMA Girls on youtube:

. Pretty cool.

Cliff

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That Henderson vs. Bisping K.O. should count as a Double K.O.

Bisping was out cold when Henderson dropped another BOMB on his chin. That was wicked.

Yeah, that was personal. Bisping talked a lot of smack during the Ultimate Fighter series and in the lead up to the fight. Henderson said he wanted to shut him up and he sure did.:D

That was pretty good on Mir's part. As far as the fight I can't say I was shocked but I would have liked to see it have gone the other way. Lesnar showed what an absolute jerk he is after the fight. Maybe he thinks he's still in the WWE or maybe roid rage was bubbling up.

I kinda knew how the Lesnar vs. Mir fight would go. I really hated to see Mir lose because I HATE Lesnar with a passion. He is such a prick. The bad thing is I dont think there is anyone in the UFC who can beat him, he's too ****ing big. He really showed his true doucheness last night after the fight. I dont know if "doucheness" is even a word, but if not I get credit for making it up. :P

-Jason G

While I don't follow ufc that closely, I watched lesnar since joining the wwe. I won't say he's unstoppable, but the more time he has to learn the tricks of the trade, the more a threat he becomes. I seen a ton of sites that said mir would mop the floor with him. I just couldn't believe that. Every fight he becomes that much more aggressive. And his workout routines are insane !!! Threre's one thing for sure, he's an a$$ when it comes to personality, but like him or hate him you can guarantee you will see a show when he steps into the octagon.

I thought Lesnar's interview immediately after the fight was pure genius(and pure WWE). I've never been a fan of the WWE or smack talking, but the guy is a definitely a showman. Whether you love him or hate him, you're going to want to see his next fight. Either to root for him or against him. Nobody is indifferent to him now. He made the UFC a boat load of money with that interview. Dana White has got to love this guy.

Cliff

PS- I couldn't help but notice that Lesnar has a Bud Light in front of him in the interview that TripleDigitRide linked above. If you didn't see the fight, when Rogan interviewed him he said that 'I'm gonna go have a Coors Light, that's right a Coors Light, cause Bud Light don't pay me nothing'. I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of what he said. Bud Light was a sponsor of UFC 100. I guess White did have to crack down on him for that one. But I've got a feeling that Budweiser is going to be sending some money his way soon.:P

Edited by USMCJG

Lesnar apologized for this remarks after the fight, even to Bud Light. The video and articles I read, postfight, advised that Dana White "had a talk" with him after the fight.

Sounds like he knew he sounded like a jackass. The thing is, there is no one in the heavy weight division to stop him right now. Though Dana White did allude to a Fedor/Brock match up in the future, which would be awesome.

Overall, some great fights last night, the Bisping knock out alone was worth the price of the PPV. Not a big fan of Bisping and hope Henderson gets back on a roll again.

I can't wait to see the video clips of the COUNT...being counted OUT...Bisbing is a limey dousche
Oh there was no count. He was completely out cold before he even hit the mat. The ref ran in as fast as he could, but not before Henderson nailed him once on the canvas for good measure. He was out cold for about 2 full minutes.

Ordinarily I don't like to see a guy get that one last shot in when his opponent is clearly out. But after seeing what a douche Bisping has been, it was hard for me to get too upset about it. And I used to like Bisping until I saw what a jerk he was as a coach on TUF.

Have you guys heard of Fedor Emelianenko? He fights for Affliction now and from the look of his fights I think he might have somthing for Lesnar if Dana White will pony up the cash to get him to the UFC. Here is one of his fights against a guy who looks bigger than Lesnar.

-Jason G

Have you guys heard of Fedor Emelianenko? He fights for Affliction now and from the look of his fights I think he might have somthing for Lesnar if Dana White will pony up the cash to get him to the UFC. Here is one of his fights against a guy who looks bigger than Lesnar.

-Jason G

Hong Man Choi is definitely bigger than Lesnar, but I doubt he's stronger and I know he's slower and a lot less athletic. I would love to see Fedor in the UFC against Lesnar. That could be the best heavyweight MMA fight of all time. I really admire Fedor, he is my favorite heavyweight and may be the greatest heavyweight ever. He is incredibly smart in the ring, has tremendous punching power, and great sambo and judo. Watch the Emelianenko vs Arlovski fight if you want to see classic Fedor. Arlovski was winning the fight pretty easily, but Fedor never lost his cool and as soon as Arlovski made one mistake he went to sleep courtesy of a short, quick right hand. Fedor vs Arlovski FightVideo

I think White will probably offer Fedor as much as anyone else when his Affliction contract is up. The only question then will be if Fedor wants to fight the best in the world, or if he wants to protect his legacy and not risk a loss.

Cliff

Hong Man Choi is definitely bigger than Lesnar, but I doubt he's stronger and I know he's slower and a lot less athletic. I would love to see Fedor in the UFC against Lesnar. That could be the best heavyweight MMA fight of all time. I really admire Fedor, he is my favorite heavyweight and may be the greatest heavyweight ever. He is incredibly smart in the ring, has tremendous punching power, and great sambo and judo. Watch the Emelianenko vs Arlovski fight if you want to see classic Fedor. Arlovski was winning the fight pretty easily, but Fedor never lost his cool and as soon as Arlovski made one mistake he went to sleep courtesy of a short, quick right hand. Fedor vs Arlovski FightVideo

I think White will probably offer Fedor as much as anyone else when his Affliction contract is up. The only question then will be if Fedor wants to fight the best in the world, or if he wants to protect his legacy and not risk a loss.

Cliff

Dana White said after UFC 100 that it WOULD happen.