Please pray for my rear end.....

Guest abailey362

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Micromancer
Be careful, someone might see you digging in your pants and think you were going for your other gun!:):)

"Sorry officer, I seem to have had an accidental discharge. I was just cleaning it and it went off."

Guest Jamie
Here is the proper way to carry a G23. Slide locked back, slingshot during draw.

Y'know, I really don't wanna be shot or stabbed while I have my hand down the front of my pants... and certainly not while sensitive bits of my skin are clamped up tight in the ejection port of a Glock. ;)

Besides, can you imagine what the police report would look like? :poop:

Sorry, but the proper way to carry a Glock - or any other semi-automatic handgun - is in a proper holster and with a round in the chamber. If you don't feel safe doing that, then you probably need to find another type of pistol.

P.S. I carried 2 different Glocks for a number of years and never put any holes in anything I didn't intend to.

I certainly hope he is kidding, because it is the most absurd way to carry a firearm I have ever seen I do believe. That makes mexican carry look safe by comparison.

Those gun clips are worthless anyway and a really good way to ruin and rust the finish of a good gun.

Guest Hi Point
I can't believe i did it, but bought my first....dare i say it.....glock :D. got a good deal from a co-worker for it and gonna give SSP a try in IDPA. Anyways it's your run of the mill 3rd gen police trade-in G23 with night sites. Please join me in asking for mercy and not shootin my ass off

Time to get a steel butt plate. :P

Guest Micromancer

Sorry, but the proper way to carry a Glock - or any other semi-automatic handgun - is in a proper holster and with a round in the chamber. If you don't feel safe doing that, then you probably need to find another type of pistol.

This is the most sensible thing I've seen in this thread.

I certainly hope he is kidding, because it is the most absurd way to carry a firearm I have ever seen I do believe. That makes mexican carry look safe by comparison.

Those gun clips are worthless anyway and a really good way to ruin and rust the finish of a good gun.

The finish on a carry gun is irrelevant. I need something that will function without fail (or as close to as possible) and I don't care how ugly it is. If you are concerned for the finish on your carry gun, put it back in the safe and buy something durable that you don't mind getting scratches and dings on.

And yes, of course I was kidding. The round you see in that magazine was only present for those two particular shots (no pun intended), all the rest were taken with an empty magazine. You'd have to be pretty foolish to actually carry a gun like that.

I originally took that series as a photo explanation of "cocked and locked" and "slingshot" as a gag.

• 2 months later...

Good luck with the Glock. I have a 26 myself, but haven't found the perfect IWB holster for it yet. I like to carry it in the appendix position, so what I might potentially shoot off could change my family tree... if you get my drift! Maybe I had better follow your lead and go for the 4 O'Clock position, and turn the other cheek.

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so uncommon? TN Sen. Fred Thompson

I love my Glock. I took my first try @ IDPA a couple of weeks ago, did terrible. It takes at least one match to have any idea what you are doing. I would have prefered they didn't keep score. The worse problem is that I'm shooting a right handed gun left handed which means I have to swap hands to change mags and operate the controls.

Enjoy the Glock, your butt will be fine.

Guest rabidrhino
I love my Glock. I took my first try @ IDPA a couple of weeks ago, did terrible. It takes at least one match to have any idea what you are doing. I would have prefered they didn't keep score. The worse problem is that I'm shooting a right handed gun left handed which means I have to swap hands to change mags and operate the controls.

Enjoy the Glock, your butt will be fine.

Whoa Bubba, please consider looking to some of the more experienced shooters at your IDPA club for advice there as at least in my opinion you should not be swapping hands to change mags etc. No reason at all you can't use your left trigger finger to manipulate the mag catch button and just ignore the slide stop. It's not that hard and by now I prefer the mag release on the left side of the gun for all my handguns. I'm a southpaw and I think you would find many of do it with ease. I don't feel at all that my reload times are hampered.