Please pray for my rear end.....

Guest abailey362

Guest abailey362

I can't believe i did it, but bought my first....dare i say it.....glock :tough:. got a good deal from a co-worker for it and gonna give SSP a try in IDPA. Anyways it's your run of the mill 3rd gen police trade-in G23 with night sites. Please join me in asking for mercy and not shootin my ass off

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joeharris

Congratulation's! Sounds like you finally came to you senses, in a week or 2 you will sell most if not all other handguns, and get some more Glock's!:tough:

Guest 3pugguy
I can't believe i did it, but bought my first....dare i say it.....glock :tough:. got a good deal from a co-worker for it and gonna give SSP a try in IDPA. Anyways it's your run of the mill 3rd gen police trade-in G23 with night sites. Please join me in asking for mercy and not shootin my ass off

If you do, don't blame the Glock, LOL...blame your fingers not knowing where they should be...

Guest mikedwood

I think you will enjoy it. I have three and for whatever reason they haven't shot me in the butt yet. Glock :tough: nothing better than the Kool Aid.

Guest TNMedved

My wife says I don't have much of a butt, but it has nothing to do with me gettin it shot off by a Glock. Love my Glocks. Hope you enjoy yours.

Guest Ralph G. Briscoe

Just got my first Glock recently too. Always a big skeptic on the safety issue, used to having a safety on my 1911's, but having spent a couple of months with it it's not so scary. I would be reluctant to carry in loose in a coat pocket as I sometimes do with the 1911 for fear of accidentally grabbing it by the trigger. With a holster I'm not worried. There's also a cheap plastic device called "Glock block" which fits behind the trigger if you're really concerned. Then you could look for some army surplus butt armor....Good luck.

Guest 70below

I say carry it fully loaded all the time.....no need for Israeli Carry. That first month or so, you'll be a little wary, but I think safe practices result from knowing your a** is at stake. Those good habits will carry on after you've gotten used to the gun too.

Congrats......enjoy the perfection! (as a side note.....for all those that doubt Glocks "perfection", they never said that its the perfect gun.....they just said its GLOCK perfection.....apparently the glock won't get any better :-D )

I'm wearing my G26 in my Supertuck as I type and I never even think about the safety (or lack there of) issue anymore. Just a little common sense safety practices and you'll fall in love it with i'm sure...congrats.

I can't believe i did it, but bought my first....dare i say it.....glock :). got a good deal from a co-worker for it and gonna give SSP a try in IDPA. Anyways it's your run of the mill 3rd gen police trade-in G23 with night sites. Please join me in asking for mercy and not shootin my ass off

Congrats on your new Glock. I haven't shot my ass yet since I bought mine but I did make a couple of important new Glock rules when I bought it.

1. Never catch a dropped Glock.

2. Don't drop your Glock.

I say carry it fully loaded all the time.....no need for Israeli Carry. That first month or so, you'll be a little wary, but I think safe practices result from knowing your a** is at stake. Those good habits will carry on after you've gotten used to the gun too.

Congrats......enjoy the perfection! (as a side note.....for all those that doubt Glocks "perfection", they never said that its the perfect gun.....they just said its GLOCK perfection.....apparently the glock won't get any better :-D )

I've carried so long now it's ingrained, or habit for me naturally to always keep my finger out of the trigger guard and know where the muzzle is pointing and I watch it going into the holster. My favorite carry is a belt holster with a cover shirt and I'm aware where my shirt tail is when I holster it. I always tell people if they get a HCP then carry as often as allowed by law, you will learn saftey habits that will become second nature more than someone that will occasionally carry.

Guest abailey362

i'm not actually worried about carrying it, worn it out a few times already. just like anything else safety is key. thanks for all the support though. if i'm ever depressed i know where to come.

Guest Micromancer

Here is the proper way to carry a G23. Slide locked back, slingshot during draw.

gun with mag

IM000589-sm.jpg

slide locked back

IM000590-sm.jpg

placing the weapon in the carry position

IM000591-sm.jpg

IM000592-sm.jpg

IM000593-sm.jpg

drawing the weapon

IM000594-sm.jpg

IM000595-sm.jpg

IM000596-sm.jpg

IM000597-sm.jpg

IM000598-sm.jpg

slingshot

IM000599-sm.jpg

IM000600-sm.jpg

IM000601-sm.jpg

Guest Moody
get a horizontal shoulder holster , that way only the people behind you have to worry . :tough:

You got me on this one - I have now embarrassed myself at the office.

Congrats on your purchase - have fun (and don't injure yourself). :P