Albino deer?

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

When did the "no shot the white ones" come into effect? I'm sorry but I just don't understand the reason(s) for the law or whats behind it. Its like the global warming thing to me.....:tough:. Deer are deer. Its not like this thing has magical powers. Its not a unicorn!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work in Franklin just of off 96 right past I-65.

We probably meet up for time to time I work in nashville & live in Lewisburg, Chapel hill area.

I would tell you what I drive but you may be mad at me so I'm not.:screwy:

Now about the deer. I truely don't have a thing against it, but read close.

If they were not such an interesting creature how in the world can so many guys on this site know about the same deer??

Also how many of you are saying & have said "that thing is butiful" or even STOP & THKE A PIC OF IT??

I would have done the pic myself if I had a camera with me. That's just my two pennies.

Albino deer are not that rare in Middle Tn. There are quite a few of them around the Brentwood Franklin area. Here is a pic my cousin took of a 8pt albino in Brentwood last year.

elbino003.jpg

They are such a cool looking animal.

Guest GunTroll

:P WARNING! So maybe the Bambi lovers want this gene to become so dominate that all deer will eventually become this "super" deer and be illegal to hunt. Just a thought. Libs/Bambi lovers/animal rights tards, will take any back door they can you know!

I see that they are beautiful. I would love to see one.

About 55 or so years ago there was an antlerless albino on some property that my dad's family owned in western MD. My dad and I both saw the deer several times, never tried to shoot it as it was a rarity and being antlerless would have been illegal game. Fast forward 40 some years to the mid 1990s when I had a chance to return to our old farm place and the wife and I walked my old hunting grounds. The albino gene must be strong because we kicked out an albino deer, which I thought was amazing. So they are real, they do exist and they are beautiful.

oldogy

Guest billwilly73

This is not an albino, I know it is a piebald. I don't know who the guy is and I didn't ask him if I could steal his pic off of another forum so I blurred his ID, if it is one of you all sorry but you should have posted the pic for us to see a long time ago. Anyways this deer was taken in Cumberland County in Tennessee last deer season and I thought it was a pretty cool deer.

piebald.jpg?t=1247260392

Guest GunTroll

I have never seen such a thing. Cool. I have been out west the last 12 years hunting other than two spent in GA while I was active there. I wonder if mulies have this trait. I'm gonna google around and see. How strange.

This is not an albino, I know it is a piebald. I don't know who the guy is and I didn't ask him if I could steal his pic off of another forum so I blurred his ID, if it is one of you all sorry but you should have posted the pic for us to see a long time ago. Anyways this deer was taken in Cumberland County in Tennessee last deer season and I thought it was a pretty cool deer.

piebald.jpg?t=1247260392

I have only ever seen 1 piebald in my life and several albino deer.

Bambi lover law I'm guessing :D!
The way I understand it, you are correct. I don't think the TWRA had anything to do with the law, it was pushed and passed by a bleeding heart legislator stemming from a personal experience. Albinos can produce, with other albinos or normally pigmented deer. If two albino deer reproduce the offspring would be albino, if the albino mates with a normal deer, there is a very small chance the offspring would be albino. Two normal deer can produce an albino offspring, the chances are very slim, but this is where most albinos are produced.