curious about Saiga 12 ga

Guest bigbluedodge03

Guest bigbluedodge03

any of you guys own a Saiga 12? im curious about them. i wouldn't mind having one but i'd like to know more about them. you know pros/cons? also, anyone know where i might be able to go put some rounds through one before i considered dropping money on one?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Todd@CIS

I recently sold my Tromix Saiga 12 (and having some seller's remorse about it).

Once converted, it's basically an AK 12ga...what's not to love? :up:

I recently sold my Tromix Saiga 12 (and having some seller's remorse about it).

Once converted, it's basically an AK 12ga...what's not to love? :up:

A friend of mine got one recently and converted it. i got to shoot it a couple weeks ago. I loved it. Got some kick to it, bit seemed to be accurate and deadly. Only drawback to me was the cost and the magazines cost. But worth it? heck yeah!

Guest bigbluedodge03

i really like how they look, i've never handled/shot one. out of ignorance when you guys say converted what do you mean?

Guest bkelm18
i really like how they look, i've never handled/shot one. out of ignorance when you guys say converted what do you mean?

Convert them from being a sporting shotgun (longer stock, no pistol grip, low cap mags) to the AK style (shorter stock, pistol grip, hi cap mags). There are some rules you have to follow however, such as 18 USC 922r, which basically says that if you convert it to a non-sporting configuration, it can have no more than 10 foreign parts on it.

Guest bigbluedodge03

oh ok, i had a bit of an idea thats what you guys meant i just want to be sure. well thanks for the useful info guys. btw, if anyone in the memphis area has one and willing to hook up and show it off to me, i'm willing to pay for ammo and range time.