Wish us luck

Guest c.a.s.

Guest c.a.s.

Well, we are in quite a predicament. I probably won't be on near as much as usual, and I'm even on a mobile right now.

zdue to the ancient construction of our apartments (40's) and shoddy maintanence by the landlord, we have holes in our plumbing. Now, instead of simply fixing the problem, they are going to renovate the entire thing. They are renovating units as they become empty, but apparently decided to skip ours in the year and a half it was empty before we moved in. Well, because of this, we are pretty much being forced out of our apartment and into an extremely small 2-bedroom, that hasn't even been cleaned from the previous tenants. To even livably fit, we would have to sell 95% of our belongings, and to live there for the 3 or more months they expect, maybe more.

On top of that, moving would disrupt our electricity bill, adding several fees, add moving fees to our sattelite, and completely disrupt our internet, so I might be gone for a while.

If anyone knows of a 3-bedroom for rent in Clinton for $350 or less a month (my paycheck), give us a heads up.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

Sorry to hear your story....welcome to the adult world of screw ups and screw jobs. you gotta learn to roll with the punches.

Guest clsutton21
There has got to be a lawyer on here that can help. That just don't seem right.

They have to give you a notice and you should have at least 2 weeks to find a place. Legally, they are wrong here.

Man, that sucks. Doesn't sound like a legal to me. Unless you already know for sure, I would contact a competent attorney to make sure of the legality of the position your landlord has put you in.

I didn't realize you could rent a 3-bedroom for $350, anywhere. That's alot of weight for the shoulders of most 17-year-old young men. I'm not sure about your personal situation, but that says alot about your character.

Guest Phantom6

Well, that pretty much sucks. Don't worry about the payments on the rifle. We'll suspend those until you are back on your feet again.

Guest c.a.s.

I didn't realize you could rent a 3-bedroom for $350, anywhere. That's alot of weight for the shoulders of most 17-year-old young men. I'm not sure about your personal situation, but that says alot about your character.

You could call us "spoiled" for living in income-based housing, but it's been pretty much the only way we've kept a roof on our heads.

I could probably take it to $600 AT MOST (I get paid every other week, so some months I get paid more, and then this job is only temporary)

But then I'm also tasked with helping with the other bills, which is why I pretty much limited it to a single paycheck. I've got Electricity, Phone, and a smidgen of Satellite out of this paycheck.

c.a.s.: hang in there, something will work out. maybe put some stuff into storage temporarily till remodeling is complete. just an idea, i know storage is not cheap either, but beats having to sell it all.....best of luck and check out that attorney thing.....

c.a.s.

Did you have a written lease agreement with your landlord? If so, they are required to honor that lease agreement. If it was expired and they gave you proper notice then you are going to have to move. Proper notice is typically a 30-day notice or whatever term is spelled out in your lease agreement.

Guest c.a.s.

I'm not sure if it is expired or not, as I am not the signer of the lease. Being a minor, I'm not even actually ON the lease.

With David's permission, I might list several things up for sale, mostly old clothing I don't need/don't wear. David, I can wait till I get paid and become a Benefactor. It might take that long just to get everything sorted from what I'll keep and what I'll sell.

At least it sounds like it is only temporary, plus it sounds like everything will be like new and renovated when it comes time to move back in to your old "new" place. I do agree with the attorney thing as well, but that may vary depending on who oversees the housing (state or private).

Also, I know it's not really my place to say anything, but cutting out the satellite may be an easy way to gain some extra "income" each month. You can always get a digital converter box for free and still have access to quite a few channels. Good luck man!

Edited by BrandonTN
Guest 3pugguy
Well, we are in quite a predicament. I probably won't be on near as much as usual, and I'm even on a mobile right now.

zdue to the ancient construction of our apartments (40's) and shoddy maintanence by the landlord, we have holes in our plumbing. Now, instead of simply fixing the problem, they are going to renovate the entire thing. They are renovating units as they become empty, but apparently decided to skip ours in the year and a half it was empty before we moved in. Well, because of this, we are pretty much being forced out of our apartment and into an extremely small 2-bedroom, that hasn't even been cleaned from the previous tenants. To even livably fit, we would have to sell 95% of our belongings, and to live there for the 3 or more months they expect, maybe more.

On top of that, moving would disrupt our electricity bill, adding several fees, add moving fees to our sattelite, and completely disrupt our internet, so I might be gone for a while.

If anyone knows of a 3-bedroom for rent in Clinton for $350 or less a month (my paycheck), give us a heads up.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted as you can.

Guest grimel
that's classy, your alright....I don't care what SUNTZU says about you!!!

That's one of the reasons he gets all my business.

Guest c.a.s.
That's one of the reasons he gets all my business.

And mine, when I can actually give it to him (and he'll get a LOT more next year when I turn 18)

I always refer people to him.

• Administrator

With David's permission, I might list several things up for sale, mostly old clothing I don't need/don't wear. David, I can wait till I get paid and become a Benefactor. It might take that long just to get everything sorted from what I'll keep and what I'll sell.

You've got enough on your plate right now. Benefactor status is on the house.

Guest c.a.s.
You've got enough on your plate right now. Benefactor status is on the house.

Thanks. Sorting through all my stuff now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest c.a.s.

Slight update.

Things just got a bit worse.

It's changed from two weeks to two months, and instead of moving only "needs", we have to move EVERYTHING. We're going to end up renting some storage space, since there isn't enough room at the "temporary" place.

Guest c.a.s.

And the coup de grace, my grandmother was just taken to the hospital for either a stroke or heart attack, and we're hoping that it's a false alarm.

Guest pjblurton

Geesh, When it rains it pours, huh?

Best of luck to you son. You are at an age where things should be pretty easy for you. To take on the responsibility you have speaks highly of how you were raised.

Keep positive. Great things happen to good people.

Guest c.a.s.

At the hospital rght now, doctor thinks it was a mild stroke.

Funnily enough, TGO isn't blocked on the guest WIFI, but pidgin (multi-IM) is.

she'll be staying overnight and having bloodwork done.

• 1 month later...

FINAL UPDATE!

WE'RE FINALLY HOME!

We've been home since really late Saturday, and we just got internet and other utilities moved over today, Monday. Everything is a big mess, our floor still hasn't been cleaned from all the conrete goo (from cutting it, then brushing a mop over the dust lightly until it gets nice and wet and then turns into a semi-solid), and our faucet in the tub is messed up (no longer goes over to "hot"), but we are home.