What happ. to the Pharmacist?

Guest joeharris

Guest joeharris

The one who a few month's ago, shot a robber 5 more times on Video, while the dude was laying on the Floor, this after the Pharmacist had to get his 2nd Gun?:( Think it was in Oklahoma!

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty stupid on the guy's part, any way you look at it.

Shoots the perp once, chases the other guy out of the store, then comes back it, chooses a DIFFERENT gun, and pops him 5 more times while he's already laying unresponsive on the floor. With video of the whole thing to prove it. Hell, he would have been convicted in any state, including Texas.

- OS

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I believe the jury did the right thing. I dont think you could find any reasonable person who would say that was self defense. I'd call it murder too.

But how is this part fair? The second robber, Jevontai Ingram, then 14, fled. Ingram pulled out a gun inside the pharmacy but did not fire it, according to testimony. He was caught days later. He has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder for his role in his friend's death. He will be released from a juvenile detention facility before his 19th birthday if he completes a treatment plan.

Read more: Oklahoma City pharmacist found guilty of murder | NewsOK.com

I believe the jury did the right thing. I dont think you could find any reasonable person who would say that was self defense. I'd call it murder too.

A huge irony is that the guy may have already been dead from the single justified shot.

- OS

Guest ArmaDeFuego
A huge irony is that the guy may have already been dead from the single justified shot.

- OS

Yep thats definitely crappy for Ersland. If he would have just kept his emotions in check he could have been a hero instead of Bubba's boyfriend. :rolleyes:

Every rational person should know tho that once the threat has OBVIOUSLY been neutralized you cant just go pumping more rounds in just cause you feel like it. I could see if maybe the kid was still moving & going for his gun or something..... But thats not how it went down. He shot someone 5 times who wasnt even moving......

But how is this part fair? The second robber, Jevontai Ingram, then 14, fled. Ingram pulled out a gun inside the pharmacy but did not fire it, according to testimony. He was caught days later. He has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder for his role in his friend's death. He will be released from a juvenile detention facility before his 19th birthday if he completes a treatment plan.

Read more: Oklahoma City pharmacist found guilty of murder | NewsOK.com

Yah, that sucks - in many (most?) states he could have been charged with murder since he committed the crime. He should have an equal sentence to the pharmacist...

Guest ArmaDeFuego
Yah, that sucks - in many (most?) states he could have been charged with murder since he committed the crime. He should have an equal sentence to the pharmacist...

It says he pleaded guilty to first degree murder. But since he was a juvenile he'll get out when he turns 19. Up until you turn about 16 or so you can literally get really just a slap on the wrist even for murder. I think if you are old enough to commit the crime you should have to do all the time. I think even at 14 he was aware of his actions & knew what he was doing.

how would that be first degree murder though?

It show premeditation, he did go back, get another gun and then shoot him 4 or 5 more times (from the reports). Should have called the cops, retrieved the second firearm and covered the guy until the cops came.

It show premeditation, he did go back, get another gun and then shoot him 4 or 5 more times (from the reports). Should have called the cops, retrieved the second firearm and covered the guy until the cops came.

I think he may have meant the other juvie perp, who plead guilty to first degree murder according to the report.

- OS

I think he may have meant the other juvie perp, who plead guilty to first degree murder according to the report.

- OS

Right, I should have made it clear. I can see where the pharmacist got 1st degree but not the Juvie. Although it really doesn't matter he will be out at 19 anyway

Guest Aces&8s
how would that be first degree murder though?

Tenn Code Ann 39-13-202 defines First Degree Murder as including:

" A killing of another committed in the perpetration of or attempt to perpetrate any first degree murder, act of terrorism, arson, rape, robbery, burglary, theft, kidnapping, aggravated child abuse, aggravated child neglect, rape of a child, aggravated rape of a child or aircraft piracy;"

Basically, if you are engaged in perpetrating one of the named offenses and someone is killed, victim or perp, all of the perps can be tried for first degree murder for the death.

Guest pfries
Tenn Code Ann 39-13-202 defines First Degree Murder as including:

" A killing of another committed in the perpetration of or attempt to perpetrate any first degree murder, act of terrorism, arson, rape, robbery, burglary, theft, kidnapping, aggravated child abuse, aggravated child neglect, rape of a child, aggravated rape of a child or aircraft piracy;"

Basically, if you are engaged in perpetrating one of the named offenses and someone is killed, victim or perp, all of the perps can be tried for first degree murder for the death.

I love it when laws make sense

:P

Guest clownsdd

Coroner ruled the perp died from the 2nd set of shots.

In the end I don't think it would make a difference as far as the charges, because of his intent whether he was actually dead or not. And OS can speak for himself, but he may have also meant the robber would have eventually died from the single shot.

I know they can figure out a bunch of things in an autopsy, but how do they know which bullet(s) were from the first shooting or the second shooting? I guess unless the pharmacist told them which rounds went where.

I know they can figure out a bunch of things in an autopsy, but how do they know which bullet(s) were from the first shooting or the second shooting? I guess unless the pharmacist told them which rounds went where.

I've probably watched to much NCIS, Criminal Minds etc... but I think they rely a bit upon statements, video and other evidence from the scene. Otherwise I agree...how could you tell which ones are first, second etc...

Guest pfries
I've probably watched to much NCIS, Criminal Minds etc... but I think they rely a bit upon statements, video and other evidence from the scene. Otherwise I agree...how could you tell which ones are first, second etc...

Correct if I am wrong but according to the article did he not return and get a second gun? Then the balistics would make it fairly easy to determine. I also believe it was found that the shots fired into the perp post initial contact were from 18 to 24 inches away (I would assume from powder residue).

Edited by pfries
darn auto correct......

The second round of shots came from a different handgun. Even if it were the same caliber, I suspect they could match the bullets.

Correct if I am wrong but according to the article did he not return and get a second gun? Then the balistics would make it fairly easy to determine. I also believe it was found that the shots fired into the perp post initial contact were from 18 to 24 inches away (I would assume from powder residue).
The second round of shots came from a different handgun. Even if it were the same caliber, I suspect they could match the bullets.

Good points!!