Advice on 45 carry

Guest Silverwolf1964

Just one more recommendation. I carry a 1911 Springfield champion operator. The thing I like about it is that it is a lightweight 1911. This made a huge difference in terms of all day carry comfort.

P.S. I use a Milt Sparks vm2 as my holster

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which Tucker did you order and why do you expect it to protect the finish? I kinda figured that any holster would eventually cause wear on the finish. Could this be the answer to my dilemma?

I bought the "Silent Thunder Kydex/Leather-lined". Silent Thunder Kydex/Leather-lined

My thoughts are with the leather lining; the finish would be maintained. Time will tell.

Mike

Guest Moody
The only real complaint I have about a 1911 is most of mine have been way to pretty to toss on the ground for training. The XD, OTOH, can be tossed around without feeling bad.

Exactly how I feel - I'd never imagine throwing one of my 1911's, especially my older Colt, down on the ground. But, if a situation did arise, and I had something happen, tossing my XD wouldn't pain me at all.

Guest Moody
Just one more recommendation. I carry a 1911 Springfield champion operator. The thing I like about it is that it is a lightweight 1911. This made a huge difference in terms of all day carry comfort.

P.S. I use a Milt Sparks vm2 as my holster

THAT is a nice carry gun! It is lighter, too... as it punks out my Para SSP and my Colt in terms of weight. That's one that's on my list in the future (as are many others).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SureShot308

You can't go wrong with a Sig. I never held one that I didn't like.

I have been thinking of picking up a P220 Compact.

+1 on the 1911 also. Pick the size and flavor you like. I carry a Officer size 1911 and I love it.

Guest tnpanscraper

Sold the Taurus 27/7 and bought a RIA M1911 A1 CS....3.5 inch barrel. It's a little heavy but carries nice....I'm a 1911 guy at heart....

• 9 months later...
Guest dboonekilledabearhere

There have been many excellent suggestions so I would like to add one more. I currently carry a Colt Defender .45 in a Don Hume IWB holster. This set up works great and you can't tell I am carrying. I have had zero problems with this gun and I have put a variety of ammo through it. However, I did eyeball the Kahr PM45 today.

So many great options...good luck!

Guest Marine03

I've been carrying an HK USP 45C and have recently started carrying a HK 45. The holster is the key to carrying a 45. I use a crossbreed holster and unless you know where to look its almost invisable.

I carry an XD45C when packing heavy, and there's no end to great 1911 offerings...but if you really like your HK the HK45C is a nice looking/feeling weapon too. You cab split your choices in half by deciding if single or double stacked mags.