Useful Comparison of Pocket Guns

There's a really help PDF over here on the PocketGuns site, broken down by .32, .380, .40, and .45. With the side by side comparisons against a similar sized template, you can see relatives sizes, grip form factor, and get all the specs/prices of each model.

I thought it was pretty useful.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigShot

Yep, that's cool...

They have added a few more since the last time I saw it. The J-frame still rates.

Thanks for posting it!!

BigShot :usa:

my own quest for pocket carry I ended up with three on the list that rotate.

S&W J Frame Centennial

642 CT 405 grip

340 CT 405 grip

Pocket Holster

Mika Roundcut

DeSantis Nemesis

OWB

Blackhawk SpeedClassic

Seecamp

LWS 380

Pocket Holster

DeSantis Nemesis

Kahr

PM9

Pocket Holster

DeSantis Nemesis

In order of preference:

Seecamp with Xtra Magazine

340 Bianchi Speedstrip

PM9 Xtra Magazine

P1270034.jpg

P9110038.jpg

P2140017-1.jpg

Ok, I have a buddy looking for a Bersa 380. What's the dealio on these little gems? Worth the $329 or should he look at a Kimber Tactical .45.

Lordie, what does he WANT out of gun?

That's like asking whether to get a .22 or .30-06 rifle!

- OS

Guest grimel
$1000 mrsp for a S&W J frame? Ouch!

Don't knock it until you've tried it. My 342PD is my Amex. Nothing quite like a 13ish oz LOADED gun that can reasonably be expected to work at 25yds.

Lordie, what does he WANT out of gun?

That's like asking whether to get a .22 or .30-06 rifle!

- OS

Heh...sorry, I was tired and the sarcasm got lost. He was looking over my shoulder as I was typing.

He is looking for a .380. He doesn't know if he should get the Bersa, the Kel-Tec, or a Firestorm.

Heh...sorry, I was tired and the sarcasm got lost. He was looking over my shoulder as I was typing.

He is looking for a .380. He doesn't know if he should get the Bersa, the Kel-Tec, or a Firestorm.

Ah, kinda wondered.

Hey, why not go top of the line and get the Kahr .380?

Held one at last gunshow here...fantastic ergonomics.

Since I love my PM9, even though they are pricey, I'd definitely buy one if for some reason I wanted a .380.

- OS

This guy is not going to spend more than $300 or $350. Since I don't know anything about the .380's I thought I'd ask in here. Heck, he was looking at a .22 for defense, untill another guy and I talked him out of that. He could afford a bit more, but he won't spend it....tight as a ducks butt, and that's waterproof!!

This guy is not going to spend more than $300 or $350. Since I don't know anything about the .380's I thought I'd ask in here. Heck, he was looking at a .22 for defense, untill another guy and I talked him out of that. He could afford a bit more, but he won't spend it....tight as a ducks butt, and that's waterproof!!

Bersa and Firestorm are equal. If lighter and smaller is the goal I would go with the kel-tec. If not, go with the Bersa. I have owned Bersa's since the early 90's (Model 83, 85,) as well as the newer Thunder series and they are rock solid designs. Kel-Tec is a solid design too.

Both are acceptable and go bang when required..

Guest Linoge
Hey, thats a really cool comparison chart! Are there anymore for full sized pistols?

It is a little old, a little behind on new models, the prices are probably out of date, and it only covers semi-automatic options, but I put up a handy-dandy spreadsheet concerning different firearms here: http://www.wallsofthecity.net/files/CCWGuns2.xls It is a *.xls file, so have something to open it (Google Docs works just fine), and you have my personal promise that it is virus- and evil-macro-free, for whatever that is worth - feel free to scan it yourself.

Mousegunner used to link to it... :)

Guest Rugerman

Bersas aren't too bad. The ones I've shot have all "rattled" when being fired, but they were pretty good guns nonetheless.

Guest dizzielizzie

Great comparison charts. But the girl with the little hands asks: "Why don't gun manufacturers specify the trigger-to-backstrap-reach in their fancy charts of height, weight, etc.?"

Guest MERRILL
Your buddy should get a bersa. I have always thought they were a superb pistol at a great price. Keltec is adequate and relatively inexpensive. With the keltec, you get what you pay for. No disrepect intended.
None taken. I own a Keltec and what you say is correct.
Guest TackleberryTom

My friend just bought a Bersa thunder 380 at the Smyrna gun show, NIB for $250. I thoroughly enjoy shooting it. I want/will get one too. It shoots like a much larger pistol and is decently accurate. I have shot the keltec and don't really like it. I have large hands and would not be able to use it in a hurry. I wish .380 was more plentiful, I really like shooting that little bersa.