Prescription drugs and Michael Jackson

Guest 3pugguy

Guest 3pugguy

Lots of talk on the news shows about Rx drugs as a possible cause in Michael Jackson's death. I cannot think a problem with abusing these drugs would be something that could be hidden, so the question becomes why no intervention by people in the man's life?

It seems sad that a problem like this, if this proves the cause, went so far as to result in a death.

Maybe those closest to him did not want to rock the boat, that is, if they said something, they would get fired. But what about his family?

Just seems sad and preventable to me (ongoing addiction) - whether it's a rich music guy or a plumber who got hooked on pain pills after a surgery. I only hope I will have the courage to intervene if someone in my life has such an issue (but pray no one close to me does).

Edited by 3pugguy
add
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true, addiction is a terrible thing. i have intervened on two occasions and with some help from other folks, gotten person into rehab. end results were positive and recovery was successful. don't be afraid to intervene, they will hate you at first but say thank you later.

Lots of talk on the news shows about Rx drugs as a possible cause in Michael Jackson's death. I cannot think a problem with abusing these drugs would be something that could be hidden, so the question becomes why no intervention by people in the man's life?

It seems sad that a problem like this, if this proves the cause, went so far as to result in a death.

Maybe those closest to him did not want to rock the boat, that is, if they said something, they would get fired. But what about his family?

Just seems sad and preventable to me (ongoing addiction) - whether it's a rich music guy or a plumber who got hooked on pain pills after a surgery. I only hope I will have the courage to intervene if someone in my life has such an issue (but pray no one close to me does).

Some of the family was probably also ridin' the gravy train. Didn't want those biskit wheels fallin' off.

Guest 3pugguy
true, addiction is a terrible thing. i have intervened on two occasions and with some help from other folks, gotten person into rehab. end results were positive and recovery was successful. don't be afraid to intervene, they will hate you at first but say thank you later.

That is a wonderful thing you did and I hope the people involved are doing OK now.

Guest 3pugguy
Some of the family was probably also ridin' the gravy train. Didn't want those biskit wheels fallin' off.

No doubt. I think the Dad in that family is, how do I say this nicely, slimey? Seems like Michael Jackson did not have a childhood and that he was a man with all the talent in the world, but who was totally unhappy with life.

And I bet the family members who didn't want to do anything to lose money will now be lining up with their hands out and there will be years of court battles over the estate.

Guest 3pugguy

By the way, I think that avatar is too funny...one of my favorites on that show was Dr Stupid.

Guest blackbeltchick
No doubt. I think the Dad in that family is, how do I say this nicely, slimey? Seems like Michael Jackson did not have a childhood and that he was a man with all the talent in the world, but who was totally unhappy with life.

And I bet the family members who didn't want to do anything to lose money will now be lining up with their hands out and there will be years of court battles over the estate.

Everybody has a story, but it sure is hard to be happy with yourself or to love yourself if your own family isn't there to love you and support you like his wasn't.

Just look at the slew of celebrities that have similar problems. The more fame the more rope you get to hang yourself with. The problem is they have more leeway to choose who is around them. Your average joe is kinda stuck with who he has and runs out of options a lot quicker.

As far as why he was the way he was, many have had bad families and a lot even worse and did not turn out like him. We are not products of environment but results of our decisions.

• 7 months later...

Despite his high-pitched voice & childlike demeanor, MJ was no wuss and certainly no fool. He was wealthy & powerful, and he knew it. If he wanted a particular drug, then you were going to give it to him or he would easily find someone else who would. This doctor didn't want to let morality stand in the way of an easy & profitable gig. Now, he's going to pay. I have a feeling when it's all over we'll see that:

1. MJ knew more about every medication he used than this "doctor" did.

2. The doc should have just said, "Sorry, I cannot be a part of this." and walked away.

3. MJ was paying this guy a boatload of $$$. A deal many couldn't refuse.

4. The doc wasn't really qualified to provide the care MJ needed, but he was qualified to provide the drugs MJ wanted.

not to change the story but talking about drug use/abuse everyone should check out The Rise and Demise of Steve-O the crazy guy from the JackA** movies. It is amazing what all he put himself through and he has most of it on video tape (he loved being in front of the camera). He is clean now at least when they did the documentary, the guys from JackA** actually intervened its about 6 parts