Extreme Shock???

Anyone know about these rounds? Not just what you've seen on You Tube or heard from friends but actually know.

I picked some of these up recently to carry for defense but wanted to get actual reveiws on how they might perform for me. I just relly want to know if it was worth it.

:ugh::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy:

1246746610.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way you are going to know how good it works is 1) shoot someone with it or 2) shoot it into ballstic gel. I have tested quite a few bullets in gel, extreme shock not included. But my favorite so far has been Winchester Ranger (Black Talon). In turn that is what I carry.

-Jason G

Ahhh the elusive mall ninjas.....I know one day i would see them.

This is actually one of the few authentic pictures of the elusive mall ninja. Many go a lifetime without ever seeing one. They're crazy stealth!

Guest Crunchman

First off, let me assure everyone that I am not in any way professionally associated with Mr. Jeff Mullens or Extreme Shock Ammunition Company. I became aware of Extreme Shock by recruiting a young man, Josh, for the NRA at a HCP class. It so happened that Josh is a partner in an advertising/public relations firm that does work for Extreme Shock, Khar Arms, Armalite, and a few other names in the firearms industries. Josh also came onboard with our local FNRA and set out to get donations from as many of his clients as he could. Extreme Shock was the first to reply with a donation of over $600 worth of their ammo, several different calibers and styles from .38 spc. to 50BMG. Since I had no experience with this ammo, I needed to find out what to try to get at the FNRA auction for it. Josh sent me to this website, Boar Hunting with Extreme Shock High Performance Ammunition , for Jeff Quinn’s review. Then he gave me the email addy and phone number for the company. He also gave me a couple of boxes of the .45acp Fang Face ammo (since discontinued and replaced with the Extreme Penetration Round) to try out.

I called the company and talked to Robert Mullens (no relation to Jeff), their graphics/sales head, who gave me the MSRP for the different rounds. In the course of the conversation, Robert invited me to visit the plant for a tour. Since my wife and I were going to Virginia for her family reunion the last week of June, I said I would try to make it over there. Long story shortened, we made it to the plant late on June 30th, just at quitting time. Jeff and Robert stayed late to give us the whole tour, including the underground test range and the super secret safe of test bed weapons (Drool!). Jeff gave me some of his history, from starting out in the coal mines, to becoming an IPSC competitor and hand loader, to other competitors wanting his hand loads, to discovering frangible compressed metallic powder rounds (manufactured by someone else), to developing his own compressed tungsten rounds. One step has led to another and he decided to go full time into the ammo manufacturing and development business. When it comes to R&D, the man’s mind seems to never stop. Each new round that he has developed goes through very extensive testing, to the tune of thousands of rounds shot in to ballistic wax and/or gelatin, over varying distances, tuned for accuracy, and finally, taken in to the field for actual hunts (usually for wild boar).

Bottom line, I have seen the test results in the ballistic gelatin, and have seen the videos of the boar hunts and autopsies. I’ve done my own crude tests with jugs of water wrapped with cloth, shot through wall board, and tried them out on steel. I’ve used the Fang Face, Air Freedom, and EPR. They have all preformed exactly as Jeff has stated that they would. For my EDC, I switched from my own hand loaded Hornady XTPs to the 45acp AFRs. The Air Freedom Round was developed for air marshals. It will not penetrate airplane skin, but will create massive wound channels in anything that consists of 60% liquid, such as a body. I’ve tried it on two layers of wallboard (sheetrock) set up with 4 inches of space between them. It will penetrate the first sheet, but will only dimple the second. A gallon jug of water is almost completely disintegrated.

As for the “mall ninja†graphics, that advertising was discontinued when Josh became associated with them. That is on the old .com site, which hasn’t been taken down because the former ad guy is the lead “ninja†and he wants to keep his pic up. The new site is ExtremeShock , which has the videos of ballistic tests and some of the hunts.

Take this as you will. It is only my opinion, but I believe in and trust these rounds for my every day carry.

Guest bkelm18

They may provide good results, but there is no way in hell I'm paying over $2 a round when I can easily get something that is just as good or better for less than $1 per round.

how does one buy enough of it to give it a good test, say 100 rounds?

too expensive to even give it a proper try I think,

I go with what BK says ,I can get effective ammo for a whole lot less.

Anyway if you carry a .45,:tough: mearly deploying the weapon will cause the bad guy to fall down in submission. :hat:

If you are paying $15 for 6 rounds, you are getting ripped off. I'd shy away from ammo that is named "Extreme".
I personally wouldn't bother. ^^^What bkelm18 said.
They may provide good results, but there is no way in hell I'm paying over $2 a round when I can easily get something that is just as good or better for less than $1 per round.
^^^What he said. Deja vu.

What do you do,follow him around all day just waiting for him to say something?

Sheesh,you're getting about as bad as Punisher :screwy:

From what I have seen they do pretty much what they advertise. That being said, they are generally designed for specific situations and IMO aren't great all round performers. As others have said for a whole lot less I can get a whole lot more that will work in nearly every situation. To me it's kinda of an answer to a question that wasn't asked.

Guest SUNTZU
What do you do,follow him around all day just waiting for him to say something?

Sheesh,you're getting about as bad as Punisher :screwy:

^^^What he said. :D