Can we just have a thread to talk?

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GunTroll
near as I can figure grits are like boiled sand. YUCK. How did it ever become a food?

Blasphemy!!!!! Hold your head in shame!

Simple solution, don't go up there! There is nothing to see or do anywhere north of the Ohio or West of the Rockies. I pretty much like that "they" consider us "fly over country". They can keep the northeast and west coast or better yet, kick us out so we can keep clinging.

I didn't get any pancakes or grits today. My day sucks now.

Guest db99wj
near as I can figure grits are like boiled sand. YUCK. How did it ever become a food?

Not a fan either. I'll take a bite, but that is if someone offers, I'm not putting them on my plate, nor would I ever pay for them to be on my plate. The wife likes them.

I like sausage links, with syrup. Milk Gravy, and hungry jack biscuits (other biscuits are good too, but not as good as that flaky bread of goodness). Prefer waffles over pancakes, but pancakes are good too. Also, bacon, just bacon standing by itself, or with any other breakfast item. Good with syrup too.

findin grits at a restraunt up north is about as hard as getting a glass of sweet tea. dont even think about getting any sundrop up there either

I went to visit my dad in Michigan and you can't get sweet tea.

thats the point i was making. it is impossible to get sweet tea or grits once you cross the mason-dixon line.

I once asked for a glass of sweet tea at breakfast, in a restaraunt in mn. one winter. the waitress looked at me and the other fella and said "it's not in season right now".

I explained that it wasn't exactly a deer and she could always make some if she were so inclined.

she said "but I'd have to make a gallon of it!" My friend looked at me and we both looked at her when he said "that sounds about right.." I assented.

she still refused to make it.

I thought "these people are idiots."

perhaps I'm wrong..but I don't think so.

Guest GunTroll

Grits in CO are hard to come by. I once found a Waffle House north of Denver and thought I was in redneck heaven. And that is a shame because their grits sucked. I was all googly eyed when I went it and talk to the waitress about how great it is that WH is in CO. When I left I'm sure they thought I was :koolaid:! Oh well grits are grits. When they don't taste good.....add more butter!

Guest GunTroll

And you sweet tea drinkers will like this......I own a coffee shop out here and serve tea. I always get asked "is it sweetened?" I answer no every time. And the response I get is "good! I'll have some" They just don't know about the sweet nectar from God himself!

What is your sugar amount? 2 Cups per 2 liter?

Guest GunTroll
who uses 2liter to measure tea?

i need 2 cups of sugar per GALLON on tea

This is the new America! Adapt already!

1 US gallon = 3.78541178 litres

so mine is sweeter! You lose!

Edited by GunTroll
Dumb arse spellr