Another new Gallatin guy here...

Guest Steelharp

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all these Gallatin residents on the board, maybe we should all get together sometime, eat some breakfast, tell some stories, hit the range. Maybe we've seen each other around town or at the club/range but just never said hi.

I should be at GGC this Fri or Sat practicing some trap and trying out my new Mossberg. If anyone sees a guy who cant hit the broad side of a barn with a shotshell, that's me!

-Len

I really want to shoot IDPA. I'm going to GGC next Sat to check it out -be a spectator to see how it works and get the feel of things.

Membership is technically closed, it seems new members can join if the committee approves. You should contact Ron Jackson at the club. ronjackson@comcast.net and ask him how to go about applying. Memberships occassionally come open.

Guest Steelharp

Thanks, guys. It's nice to see friends here. I'd be so embarrassed to shoot in the presence of anyone... can I just come watch? Or is just observation a no-no?

Well, I guess they allow spectators, but take your gun and ammo because we will talk you into shooting. We are not professionals just a bunch of guys having a good time. We will not make fun of you until we get to know you :(, just kidding. Come over next Sat. and you will be guaranteed to have a good time.:)

Well Steelharp, I was just going to observe myself, but I had thought ZZRguy's response might be typical, so I was coming with gun and ammo, just in case they persuaded me to shoot. As a relatively new shooter, and one who's eyes are not what they used to be, I'm also a little nervous about shooting in public -especially in an IDPA match with guys who do this all the time. Maybe we should go and take the plunge together -it might be more fun for newbies this way?

By the way, everything anyone ever needs to know about IDPA is right here: http://www.idpa.com/

Len