caryy in no carry restraunts

Guest meyerbj81

Guest meyerbj81

As I've said before here I'm moving to memphis in about a month. Here is mississippi if you're found in a posted restraunt you can be asked to leave then if you refuse charges etc etc come in. My question is with this new law what are the possible consequences( ie legal) if found carrying, would you simply be asked to leave or arrested? Thanks again for your help in advance.

Brian

Edited by meyerbj81
spelling
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
As I've said before here I'm moving to memphis in about a month. Here is mississippi if you're found in a posted restraunt you can be asked to leave then if you refuse charges etc etc come in. My question is with this new law what are the possible consequences( ie legal) if found carrying, would you simply be asked to leave or arrested? Thanks again for your help in advance.

Brian

Depends if it's a "legal" sign and how big a jerkoff the owner is.

Guest benchpresspower
Depends if it's a "legal" sign and how big a jerkoff the owner is.

AND if an LEO is involved, whether or not they know the law and/or if they're a jerk.

Guest HexHead
AND if an LEO is involved, whether or not they know the law and/or if they're a jerk.

I was assuming the owner being a jerkoff by calling the cops. But you're right too.

First let me say I am NOT advocation doing anything illegal.

But carry past even a proper sign is a misdemeanor. A LEO can not make an arrest on a misdemeanor unless it occurs in his presence. So if you are outside when the LE gets there, the owner is the only one that could press charges if he wanted to carry it that far. Of course given the emotional nature of all of this, the owner very well might.

Guest redbarron06

If they are posted IAW TCA, then you are guilty of a crime. If not all they can do is ask you to leave. If you dont then you are tresspassing.

Guest HexHead
First let me say I am NOT advocation doing anything illegal.

But carry past even a proper sign is a misdemeanor. A LEO can not make an arrest on a misdemeanor unless it occurs in his presence. So if you are outside when the LE gets there, the owner is the only one that could press charges if he wanted to carry it that far. Of course given the emotional nature of all of this, the owner very well might.

Which brings us back to the jerkoff restauranteur. :lol:

Which brings us back to the jerkoff restauranteur. :lol:

True....lol

But in my limited experience as a dispatcher and working with LEOs...the public generally wants the police to press charges and not them have to themselves. They just want to rant and rave and say something needs to be done and so on...but they do not usually want to take the time to come to court themselves or get involved beyond dropping a dime.

But granted on this issue...some jerkoff restaurateurs may very well do such things....I mean they are at least 10 in Nashville already going to court...:P

Guest Britestar

While not advocating breaking the law, if you carry concealed and do it properly then how will anyone know your carrying unless there comes an event that neccesitates you drawing your weapon? Then, the owner MAY be appreciative of the fact you had it. Just one of those thoughts rolling around in my head. I have a cobra ankle holster that fits a small revolver (i.e. S&W jframe) with the length of my pants it has always been virtually undectable.

Guest Ggun
While not advocating breaking the law, if you carry concealed and do it properly then how will anyone know your carrying unless there comes an event that neccesitates you drawing your weapon? Then, the owner MAY be appreciative of the fact you had it. Just one of those thoughts rolling around in my head. I have a cobra ankle holster that fits a small revolver (i.e. S&W jframe) with the length of my pants it has always been virtually undectable.

It's easy to conceal batons and 5" knives, swithblades, etc., so I don't get the point people are trying to make with the "if it's concealed, it's concealed" thought process when talking abourt carrying weapons around.

Guest 270win

Conceal a small revolver or automatic properly and you won't have any problems with non legal signs or someone asking you to leave. You can then enjoy your meal in peace.

Guest FiddleDog

I don't think I'd be willing to patronize a place that doesn't welcome me (as a future HCP holder). I figure, if I see the sign, legal or not, they don't get my money. That's just me, though. I work too hard for my money to give it to some one who doesn't want me in his/her place of business.

I don't think I'd be willing to patronize a place that doesn't welcome me (as a future HCP holder). I figure, if I see the sign, legal or not, they don't get my money. That's just me, though. I work too hard for my money to give it to some one who doesn't want me in his/her place of business.

Exactly FiddleDog. Just don't patronize establishments that don't respect your 2nd Amendment rights and discriminate against you for exercising them. My humble advice would be twofold. First, don't go in those restaurants carrying. This issue is political and from a PR perspective, we as permit holders and carriers need to maintain our image as among the most law-abiding citizens in the nation. Second, when you see one of these signs and turn away at the door, make sure you call and let the owner/manager know. And let them know that you went to the competition who does respect us. When they receive dozens or more calls every week about lost business, perhaps they will come around.

Guest FiddleDog

I hope so. Maybe one day they'll realize how irrational it is to fear a person because they carry a card that pretty much states that they've been recently been vetted by the Sheriff's Department and the TBI/FBI.

The odd thing is that they don't share they don't state the same concerns of someone illegally carrying a weapon on premises,nor are they concerned that a firearm would have to be left unsecured while the owner is eating with out this law.