Billy Mays dead at 50

Guest Major Pain

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Swamprunner
Update - From what I'm hearing, he died of Heart Disease

Yup. At least his family knows that wasn't from the carryon headshot.

• 1 month later...

Autopsy: Cocaine contributed to Billy Mays' death - Yahoo! News

TAMPA, Fla. – An autopsy shows that cocaine use contributed to the heart disease that suddenly killed boisterous TV pitchman Billy Mays in June, officials announced Friday.

The 50-year bearded TV personality died of a heart attack in his sleep after going to bed at his Tampa condo the night of June 27. His wife found him unresponsive the next morning.

The Hillsborough County medical examiner's office Friday said Mays had last used cocaine days before his death. The report said that although Mays died from heart disease, cocaine use was a contributing cause of death.

Mays was a pop-culture fixture with his energetic commercials pitching gadgets and cleaning products like Orange Glo and OxiClean.

The McKees Rocks, Pa., native developed his style demonstrating knives, mops and other "As Seen on TV" gadgets on Atlantic City's boardwalk. For years he worked as a hired gun on the state fair and home show circuits, attracting crowds with his booming voice and genial manner.

He got his start on TV on the Home Shopping Network and then branched out into commercials and infomercials. He developed such a strong following that he became the subject of a reality TV serie

No. It can't be true. :hyper:

Billy Mays? On speed?

I'm not buying it.

He was as calm as a sleeping baby.

This is blasphemy! Billy was a saint! Take it back! ;)

Guest Swamprunner

So sad for his family. My brother, who's a homicide detective in a large western city once told me, "ya know, people are funny". I don't think he meant "funny ha-ha".