gubment savings account

saw a report on Fox News yesterday where the gubment is coming up with a plan to help you save money. they will take money out of your paycheck and put it into a saving account. NO chit guys, my first thought was, "WTF!"...more control by gubment??? Bend over boys, Father O is at it again....

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest redbarron06

Yea I saw it too. It will be automatic unless you "opt out". I am sure with all of teh speed and effiencey that the govt has you will be able to do it in 3 minutes over the internet. Dealt with SSA or ATF latley? I am sure the paperwork will have to be filled out in triplicate and then it will be subject to approvial from some putz that has no clue what the hell he is doing.

Wow lets just give them even more money. After all they did such a good job with SS.

Guest justme
saw a report on Fox News yesterday where the gubment is coming up with a plan to help you save money. they will take money out of your paycheck and put it into a saving account. NO chit guys, my first thought was, "WTF!"...more control by gubment??? Bend over boys, Father O is at it again....

I've tried to find this story on Fox--but I can't seem to find it-could you post a link to it?

Guest justme
Yea I saw it too. It will be automatic unless you "opt out". I am sure with all of teh speed and effiencey that the govt has you will be able to do it in 3 minutes over the internet. Dealt with SSA or ATF latley? I am sure the paperwork will have to be filled out in triplicate and then it will be subject to approvial from some putz that has no clue what the hell he is doing.

Wow lets just give them even more money. After all they did such a good job with SS.

Once I get more info on this, and figure out how--you can consider me "opted out"....

I used to work with some people that always had their with holding adjusted so they would get a big return every year... No matter how hard I tried to explain it to them, they just couldn't understand that they were effectively giving the gov't an interest free loan :blink:

I used to work with some people that always had their with holding adjusted so they would get a big return every year... No matter how hard I tried to explain it to them, they just couldn't understand that they were effectively giving the gov't an interest free loan :rolleyes:

Plus they were taxed again on it the following year! :screwy:

Guest Major Pain

With the efficiency of our government I expect Bernie Madof to be put in charge of handling of the investment side of things.--MP

Guest Jcochran88
With the efficiency of our government I expect Bernie Madof to be put in charge of handling of the investment side of things.--MP

That right there is funny, but probably true!

Is that a gubment savings account? Isn't the Cailfornia gubment giving IOU's to it's citizens they owe tax returns to?

Sorry dude, we know you're 70 and want to retire and put in 100K into your gubment savings account but we just can't pay right now.

Why don't we just drop SS and go to this system instead? Maybe you wouldn't be able to withdraw it until you are 62, but you'd have control over what you invest in. And if you die before 62 or before all the money is gone in it, then it is passed on to your heirs. I mean, all SS currently is a really bad insurance plan. I much rather INVEST money than pay an absurd amount of money for a worthless product.

BTW, while my plan would be better than what we've got right now, it's STILL unconstitutional and a bad idea. Our Fed gov is only supposed to be there to protect all the states from other countries, each other, and provide a postal service. Your life is supposed to be what YOU make it. Not what the hardworking person down the street is forced to do for you.

Matthew

i know that most people my age (21) are on some sort of government assistance but i dont understand it honestly.

i pay my taxes in order to live in a safe country and have public roads manintained and have a postal service should i decide to use it. not to be paid if i wont/cant work or anything. personally i dont see any reason why ANYONE should be receiving any type of government financial assistance.

everything taken away would lower the nations deficit immensley including SS, that is called managing your money wisely, not the governments job.

food stamps are the biggest joke ever

Guest boatme99
Why don't we just drop SS and go to this system instead? Maybe you wouldn't be able to withdraw it until you are 62, but you'd have control over what you invest in. And if you die before 62 or before all the money is gone in it, then it is passed on to your heirs. I mean, all SS currently is a really bad insurance plan. I much rather INVEST money than pay an absurd amount of money for a worthless product.

BTW, while my plan would be better than what we've got right now, it's STILL unconstitutional and a bad idea. Our Fed gov is only supposed to be there to protect all the states from other countries, each other, and provide a postal service. Your life is supposed to be what YOU make it. Not what the hardworking person down the street is forced to do for you.

Matthew

You'd still just be giving it to Unka Sham, and when the time was right, he'd just put it into the General Fund like LBJ did with ss to pay for that pesky S.E. Asia thing. If you give anything to the Gov't., they'll find a way to take it from you permanently.