Real men don't use guns

a quote from the general manager of a local establishment when asked about "guns in bars". "I don't think guns and liquor mix. I don't even see why somebody would want that.(now the good part) Real men don't use guns to settle disagreements."

where did that come from. this guy must really be an idiot.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

So... a guy trying to stab me in the eye with a ballpoint pen is just a disagreement. I'll keep that in mind if that ever happens. I'll sit down with the obviously misunderstood criminal and have a nice spot of tea and discuss why he is trying to murder me to get some cash for his meth addiction. I'm sure after they see what an irrational decision they made to kill me, they'll turn their whole life around and become upstanding citizens. I applaud this manager for seeing the light. Off to the shredder my HCP goes!

Guest TurboniumOxide

I would have to disagree with you on that. What if the bad guy has agreed with his imaginary friend that you should bleed a lot, and you find that his decision is wholly incompatible with your planned afternoon tea and cucumber sandwich social?

Private Frost: "What the hell are we supposed to use, man? Harsh language?"

But seriously, being intellectually honest and the first to criticize my own thoughts and assumptions, and willing to admit when I am wrong, I wouldn't find myself in this situation in the first place unless the other guy is just itching for escalation.

Edited by TurboniumOxide

I am totally convinced that people who have no practical knowledge of guns have no business commenting on them because every time they show their ignorance.

This guy is right, but not for the reason he thinks. Totally misguided. If you've gone to an HCP class you know D_mn well that you don't draw unless you intend to shoot, and only with your life in danger. Some J_ckass pushing you in the bar because you cheered for the wrong team is not sufficient reason to draw. But of course idiots like this think that HCP holders have never attended such a class, and have no idea that they aren't supposed to be drinking either. This is the same misguided logic used by the media as well. They just feed each other more ignorant information on a daily basis.

The real sad thing is that when you tell them these facts, they get defensive and emotional, and even more illogical (always yelling). They are a real studies in illogical argument presentation. None of their arguments hold any water. They defy logic, processes, law, and always are based on knee-jerk emotions.

Done with the rant.

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon

I don't get the continual "Guns and liquor don't mix" BS. It states very plainly in the law no drinking while armed. I bet these people bump their heads a lot with all this not seeing the obvious.

So... a guy trying to stab me in the eye with a ballpoint pen is just a disagreement. I'll keep that in mind if that ever happens. I'll sit down with the obviously misunderstood criminal and have a nice spot of tea and discuss why he is trying to murder me to get some cash for his meth addiction. I'm sure after they see what an irrational decision they made to kill me, they'll turn their whole life around and become upstanding citizens. I applaud this manager for seeing the light. Off to the shredder my HCP goes!

A spot of tea?

Really?

Emotion, in our current culture, is more valued than any amount of training, experience, evidence, or research. I'm going to be 30 in 2 weeks, so I know of what I speak - I grew up with all that garbage.

We live in a world where what you feel can be "right", even if it's not supported by fact or evidence. When you grow up believing feelings are a legitimate substitute for any of the above, it's normal to think that your feelings should carry the weight you assign to them. Disagreement with others' feelings are simply evidence of their failings to understand you, and your particular fragile and heart-rending situation.

It all boils down to narcissists begging the same question - "what about me?".

When everybody is special and unique, the words have no meaning.

/Rant off

a quote from the general manager of a local establishment when asked about "guns in bars". "I don't think guns and liquor mix. I don't even see why somebody would want that.(now the good part) Real men don't use guns to settle disagreements."

where did that come from. this guy must really be an idiot.

Hey Brooksjr. If you don't mind, pm me the name of the establishment so I can make sure that I make an informed decision about where not to spend my money. Thanks.

Guest HexHead
Emotion, in our current culture, is more valued than any amount of training, experience, evidence, or research. I'm going to be 30 in 2 weeks, so I know of what I speak - I grew up with all that garbage.

We live in a world where what you feel can be "right", even if it's not supported by fact or evidence. When you grow up believing feelings are a legitimate substitute for any of the above, it's normal to think that your feelings should carry the weight you assign to them. Disagreement with others' feelings are simply evidence of their failings to understand you, and your particular fragile and heart-rending situation.

/Rant off

Great post, StP.

/Rant off

Very well said! :shake:

Guest KevinM
part) Real men don't use guns to settle disagreements."

Neither do "real" men AND woman with HCPs...or at least 99.999999% of them.

Guest canynracer

Works for this guy

byb-obama_bow.jpg

obama_chavez.jpg

image_6695871.bmp

anti_obama_sorry_yet_bumper_sticker-p12848780151342616883h9_325.jpg

090303-sorry-obama1.jpg

The article is only available to subscribers (I get the paper electronically).

FYI, there are 6,565 HCPs total in the four counties around these businesses (Coffee, Franklin, Moore & Bedford). Running those numbers against Google's population count, that's 4.55% of the local population have HCPs.

Would anyone else want to join me in meeting with the owners of these establishments? Or should we even bother?