HCP Wait Time

Guest GimpyLeg

Guest GimpyLeg

My wife and I took our HCP class on June 7th, fingerprint and application submitted on the 9th, made "the call" today. The young lady told me since we had our fingerprints done on a card instead of electronically, it takes a little longer to process since they have to mail the cards to the FBI in Virginia. We had our fingerprints made at our local sheriff's department, and while they did it electronically, they printed them out on cards. I did not know there was an electronic fingerprint option. Does anyone know where this could have been done for future HCP applicant's reference? :screwy:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
My wife and I took our HCP class on June 7th, fingerprint and application submitted on the 9th, made "the call" today. The young lady told me since we had our fingerprints done on a card instead of electronically, it takes a little longer to process since they have to mail the cards to the FBI in Virginia. We had our fingerprints made at our local sheriff's department, and while they did it electronically, they printed them out on cards. I did not know there was an electronic fingerprint option. Does anyone know where this could have been done for future HCP applicant's reference? :screwy:

Cogent Service Site Regions

Did mine at a UPS Store. In and out in like 5 minutes. Did you look over the paperwork you got at the Drivers License Station? When I did mine, they gave me a sheet that had instructions on how to register and get printed with electronic prints.

Guest illumina

Got mine done at some construction company the lady from the number on the sheet of paper recommended to me. There were two options, a church and the construction company.

Got mine done at some construction company the lady from the number on the sheet of paper recommended to me. There were two options, a church and the construction company.

Me too E Luke Greene. back in 25 days..

Good luck

Guest GimpyLeg
Cogent Service Site Regions

Did mine at a UPS Store. In and out in like 5 minutes. Did you look over the paperwork you got at the Drivers License Station? When I did mine, they gave me a sheet that had instructions on how to register and get printed with electronic prints.

Thanks for the link. It doesn't change my HCP status, but perhaps it will help the next person applying. No one told me about the option. :lol:

Way back in 97 when I got mine...lol, they did the fingerprinting at the DOS station when you filed out the application.

You had to make an appointment....the closest station to me was not accepting appointments for 3-4 months down the road.

So I drove 100 miles or so to go to Nashville to get it done to save a few months before I would even start the wating for a couple-three months.

So overall I think the whole thing has got a bit better... :lol:

Guest GimpyLeg

Still waiting.... Called again today. The lady told me they are still waiting to get all of the info needed back before issue :up:

LOL...I do feel for ya though.

Although not quite the same I've been waiting nearly 3 months for my renwal to come in...

THREE months? Dang...I was hoping that a renewal would be way quicker than that. I did mine the first week of June...still waiting and apparently I have quite a bit of waiting left...:-(

Cant remember how long I waited back on my first one...I was in the initial crowd that applied with the local law enforcement...then the State got tired of the locals jerking all of us around, dragging their feet and made it a DOS issue...took almost a year the very first one...

Submitted everything on April 14th and still nothing. I think 90 days is the rule these days. They are swamped!! My fingerprints were on file electronically and I have already been permitted prior (albeit another State).

Fortunately my FL CCW is in effect while TN is processing.

Guest 1shot

I help teach the class and most of the people that have gone through this year are having a 90+ day wait even with the electronic finger printing. We were told that the lady that is over the Nashville office was off on leave to have a baby and things are backed up.

From reading these and other posts, it seems that some think there is a correlation to calling to check on permits and then receiving it? haven't called to check on mine as its only been a month since I did the renewal at the Hart Road ;ocation, but maynbe next week i will call and check. My permit doesnt expire until October, but the sooner I get it the better, lol.