DAD'S - What did you do today???

For all you TGO dad's, what did you do today or what did your kids/grandkids do for you??? Mine started off with sleeping a little late, then I spent some time with my dad. After that, my baby (30 yrs old) fixed dinner for me and her mom which included filet mignon, baked potatoes, corn, and dinner rolls. All this without dad having to lift a finger!!! Made me feel special and very proud of this young woman. Hope all you dad's had an extremely pleasant Father's Day today. We are truely blessed!! :D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pjblurton
My wife brought the children to the Fort I am mobilized to. We spent the day swimming and had a barbecue.

Happy Father's Day!

Sounds like a well deserved one!!!

Momma took me to Longhorn Steakhouse and I ordered the Fillet Mignon... Not so bad.

All of the kids came by and gave thier best wishes...They had snuck out and had new grips put on my golf clubs. Nice!

Guest edge3343

I took my dad, daughter and sister to Guns and Leather this morning for a little Fathers Day range time, only to find them closed. I guess I should have called 1st.

Guest RISC777

Range with youngest son. Next oldest "can't" get up that early. Found great deal on 7.62x39 ammo. Cigar shop for a Punch double-maduro and a St. Pete's Porter (UK) while wife sat with me to enjoy. Brats on grill (too many). Puttered with new-to-me "gently used" Cub Cadet.

My daughters "took" me to the range. I drove, of course, but their gift to me was to not complain and ask to leave untill I was tired.

Was a good day.

Guest tlondon

dinner last night at OCharles, Church this morning, lunch at backyard burger with the father-in-law and family then a movie with my daughter (night at the museum) It was a great day here

When I was growing up my Father used to take me camping/fishing at Citico creek in Cherokee National Forest. Since my Father has passed I thought this year it would be a great idea to spend the weekend camping there with my wife and 3 yo son. It was perfect.

After we got home today, and got our gear put away, I took my AR with a CMMG .22 conv. to the range and put a few hundred rounds through a empty propane tank.

Read part of "The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3" before everybody else woke up. Did a little IDPA practice with an airsoft Glock in the back yard, then loaded about 200 rounds of 9mm on the Dillon. Went w/ wife and four month old daughter to look at a house with my brother, then went Father's Day shopping (for my dad). Then went to my parents' house and ate like an Egyptian Pharoah. Came home and paid eight bills, then surfed the net. Overall, a good day.

Guest UTVOL87

My wife and two sons spent last night and this morning at her parents. Then we traveled to visit my Dad, who had turned 80 years old on Wednesday, and my Mom. My 15 year old son with a learners driving permit drove part of the way there. Most of my siblings were there, except those that live more than 300 miles away. We had grilled steaks, shrimp, burgers, etc. for lunch. After lunch my 14 year old son wanted to shoot some clay targets. We keep a portable trap and clay targets there for when we visit. My son had brought his Remington 1100 and 2 boxes of 12 gauge shells and that was definitely enough because with the high temperatures I was soaked with sweat after pulling those 50 targets. Then I and my older son drove us all back home.

Guest db99wj

Slept late, kids brought breakfast to me in bed, mowed yard, Church, Lunch, washed Jeep, went to my Church's Hole in One festival that started last night and helped finish setting up, and opened and ran the prize room. Ate BBQ rag bologna sandwich and a cheesburger for dinner there, and had a few ice cold Coor's Light's to wash them down and stay cool.

Great day!

Dinner Friday night at Romano's Macaroni Grill with family. Family left town Saturday morning for Chicago (they don't listen to me when I say they shouldn't go to that cess pool of liberal thought). Got up and went to Church yesterday, then came home, had a hot dog for lunch, did some laundry, went to Wally World, got hair cut, mowed lawn, fought losing battle with weed eater, dinner, and bed. It was a pretty bland day.

My little boys, with the help of mom, made me pancakes and sausage for breakfast. They gave me a card and an Atlanta Braves hat. Later, I had my father over for a fish fry. Then we went out back and shot my Colt Gold Cup National Match for quite a while. It was a very nice day with the family.

Guest FroggyOne2

Went to the range, shot some groups, found a really nice load for my .308 (quarter min at that). Learned that i can shoot a Berger 185BT safely at 2980fps with my .308. Yes, you read that correctly! Just all around had a great day with that, I didn't hear from my older daughter, but then I have not heard from her in a while now.. my other daughter called me just before going to the range, what did she call me for.. to tell me that she got married to some left wing lib from Kalifornia. What a fathers day present that was!

Guest docvantrease2003

had a great day i grilled chicken an pork shops none of my step kids know how to cook but all the leftovers went home with them.but over all it was a great day just chillin