Downrange

I met with the Dickson County squad of TGO today and we had a blast folks! Way to late and way to tired to post any pics or video tonight but let's just say if you wanted to shoot something, there was a nice selection. I bet we blew through 1500 or more rounds today between rifles and pistol. Ended the night with mag dumps off the ARs and some tracer fire just prior to dusk so we could see them. Great people, great food, a fine time was had by the Rightwinger clan.

Bronker, McFlurry, Strobe, it was a blast and MUST happen again! Preferably on a much cooler day! Must also mention that the fairer side of the group participated and seemed to have a pretty good time. I would confirm that of my spouse but she is sleeping soundly next to me as I type!

Patches have been run through the Mosins to prevent any corrosive crud from harming our beauties and it's off to bed.

Night all, out!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
I met with the Dickson County squad of TGO today and we had a blast folks! Way to late and way to tired to post any pics or video tonight but let's just say if you wanted to shoot something, there was a nice selection. I bet we blew through 1500 or more rounds today between rifles and pistol. Ended the night with mag dumps off the ARs and some tracer fire just prior to dusk so we could see them. Great people, great food, a fine time was had by the Rightwinger clan.

Bronker, McFlurry, Strobe, it was a blast and MUST happen again! Preferably on a much cooler day! Must also mention that the fairer side of the group participated and seemed to have a pretty good time. I would confirm that of my spouse but she is sleeping soundly next to me as I type!

Patches have been run through the Mosins to prevent any corrosive crud from harming our beauties and it's off to bed.

Night all, out!

True that, RW!

I can't wait to see those photos of the...um, "line-up" of firepower that was on display! Phenomenal time was had by all, and I'll say this...there is nothing cooler than watching my lovely bride taking (and making) 250 yd gong shots offhand with a nicely-dressed AR for the first time. And my 7-year old's first run on an EBR that had always intimidated him.

Yep, a good day boys.

(RW, I'm sure you're asking why I'm awake at 0230...just took ANOTHER patient call! It's worth it on payday, I keep trying to convince myself.)

sounds like the rightwinger clan had a big old time, looking forward to pics.

Hard to believe that there arn't more out there shooting this weekend.

I think some are holding out.

I am going to shoot something today, just not sure what yet.

Guest Bronker
I am going to shoot something today, just not sure what yet.

How about 'the bull?'

There sure was a lot of that being shot yesterday at the shoot with Rightwinger, Strob2000 and jcochran88 (McFlurry) at my house!!

:D

Guest mustangdave

well...make it out to Owl Hollow yesterday...met my buddy there...was all set to throw LOTS of led down range...pretty much focused on the Mini14 and .223...let the hand guns sit. The plan WAS to shoot at Owl Hollow in the morning...then go to Joelton later in the afternoon for some indoor shooting...the afternoon didn't pan out. but the rifle shooting was very beneficial

Guest Bronker

That, my friends, is a good representation of why the government that has gotten "above" the people...

Had dang well better "fear" the people of an armed citizenry! :D

And we're the good guys!

It was a lot of fun, boys! We're definitely on for another one soon! This time, we'll put a pig in the ground and some water on ice. We enjoyed having you guy's families there with us. So far, my neighbors have not complained about the 6 hours of constant gunfire and smoke. I do bet they were glad to hear the end of the three-gun, 200 round mag dump!!!! Liberal pansies! Just kidding... they're all actually pretty laid back. Email me those other pics too, RW.

Had dang well better "fear" the people of an armed citizenry! :D...

Great stuff there, coach ... great vid of the tracer onslaught.

I think y'all got SHTF covered over there ... reminds me of the senator's ranch in Lucifer's Hammer!

- OS

Guest Jcochran88

Well boys I had a great time. Can't wait for round 2!

Also just have to say that my wife who shot a pistal for the 1st time yesterday went and shot again today. xd9 here we come!!

Looks like you guys had it all covered. I am jealous, wishing I was there with y'all.

One big old table of firepower.

One of them rifles on the table looked oddly familiar.

I kept it simple and very old school today. Reached into the bowels of the safe and pulled out the '51 Navy .44. Put about 50 rounds of .454 through it. Lots of smoke and flash.

Guest Bronker
The finale

th_MVI_2852.jpg

I've gotta hurry home! My BlackBerry won't show the videos. But I distictly remember the carnage!

My name is Bronker, and I'm a right wing terrorist! From the looks of it, we had our own little home-grown training camp going there didn't we!?!?

No we are the RESISTANCE! and if they heard us yesterday they know to either come over to the side of right or hide in a ditch!

I already made you a CD of the entire card Barb shot. Complete with crawdads on ears!

I gotta run down to see my Dad but I'll be around later (to finish cleaning guns, arrgggh)

Yep! I gotta get you and Bronker and Jcochran88 (mcflurry) to meet.

You also have an opportunity with a certain grassy area near you to have yourself fed well, different caliber and model guns to shoot, and good fellowship! All you have to do is ask us to come shoot up your hill!:D

I'm planning to pick up the generator for the tractor tomorrow and start bush hogging again tomorrow night, I hope. With any luck, I'll have a 'proper' range laid out in just a few weeks. Working with 40+ year old equipment takes some time.

Brother, can you spare a 6' box blade? :D:D

Guest Bronker
No we are the RESISTANCE! and if they heard us yesterday they know to either come over to the side of right or hide in a ditch!

I already made you a CD of the entire card Barb shot. Complete with crawdads on ears!

I gotta run down to see my Dad but I'll be around later (to finish cleaning guns, arrgggh)

Sweet!

Those Little Wingers...will do anything for money! Having a giant crawdad pinch your earlobe in a death-grip...we at least know it's worth $1 to some people.

Those Little Wingers...they're good boys. You've got yourself a fine family. Y'all have done real good! And just so you know...you married way up, and WAY outta your league.

Edited by Bronker
Guest Jcochran88

Guess no one got pictures's of the boys shooting the mosin's? RW's son's where shooting them without a shirt and smilling the whole time. They came away with red bruised shoulders but quickly got back in line to do it again. It was a great time, next time we need more water and more um..... ammo!!!!

Guest RISC777

50 rounds .22 CCI Green Tag - Remington 597

50 rounds .22 Federal Game Shok - Remington 597

120 rounds 7.62 Monarch - Norinco SKS

25 rounds .40 S&W Remington Sure Shot - S&W Sigma

Had 50 Winchester white box .45s, but didn't get around to those