How Many "Concealed" Guns Did You See Before...

Everytime I'm in a WalMart I see if I can detect a carrier, especially the guys with the shirttails out. Have yet to spot anything. I did see a young man OCing in Lowes the other day. :mad:

Especially the ones at Walmart who look nervous, you know they just got their permit and trying it out. :D

Back in 97 when everyone was trying to figure the best way to carry concealed, you always could tell when you saw someone with a large fanny pack.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Charles Morgan

Saw one guy in an eatery about a year ago. He had a polo shirt pulled down over a belt holster with a large frame auto in it. If it was a medical device then it came in the shape of a Berreta 93. Funny thing was, no one seemed to pay it much attention to him. This was a place that served beer too. If someone else noticed they may have thought that he may have been law enforcement--who knows, maybe he was.

Saw one guy in an eatery about a year ago. He had a polo shirt pulled down over a belt holster with a large frame auto in it. If it was a medical device then it came in the shape of a Berreta 93. Funny thing was, no one seemed to pay it much attention to him. This was a place that served beer too. If someone else noticed they may have thought that he may have been law enforcement--who knows, maybe he was.

Beretta 93? Now there's some serious firepower. Was he packin' the shoulder stock, too?

And about 29% of the population is under 21, so if you take them out of the equation that takes the 3.5 % to about 5% or about 1 in 20

I don't know the stats but I read somewhere that along with the increase in guns and ammo sales since the election, there's also an increase in HCP applications. Just wonder how many new permits there are that haven't been approved yet. And since the recent media frenzy about the new gun bills, I'm betting that itself will increase the intrest of some to take classes and get their permits. The media and politicians still haven't learned that the more they publisize and rant about 2nd amendment freedoms and gun control, they add to the increase in sales and intrest in carrying. Just like the 94 so-called assault weapons ban, all they accomplished was to greatly increase sales in AK's, AR's, SKS's etc. Their little schemes seem to backfire on them.

Guest HexHead

I had read somewhere that at the current rate of HCP applications since the election, TN could expect an additional 120,000 permits by the end of the year. That would be an almost 50% increase of the total since 1996! People are concerned Obama might pull something to do away with carry permits. He's made statements to that effect in the past.

I had read somewhere that at the current rate of HCP applications since the election, TN could expect an additional 120,000 permits by the end of the year. That would be an almost 50% increase of the total since 1996! People are concerned Obama might pull something to do away with carry permits. He's made statements to that effect in the past.

We can probably subtract any of them that bought something in .380 ACP since most of 'em only have a hammer at this point. :D

Saw someone Friday night at TCBY in Bartlett that was printing.. Guy was pretty slim build wearing a t-shirt. Funny thing is, I can't remember if he had on shorts or jeans. His piece was printing through his t-shirt. I don't think anyone else noticed though. I was sitting at a table with my wife and daughter when he walked in so his waist was eye level for me.

I know the tin foil hat term is used often but with the past history of Obama, Pelosie and the far left, it's understandable why people are worried about their 2nd amendment freedoms. I still say some federal gun control legislation is comming in the future. My hope is, that many democratic legislators in the gun friendly states will see the writing on the wall this time. So I hope the trend of increasing permit applications, gun and ammo sales continue although I would love to see the price of ammo go back to normal.

Guest TackleberryTom
I would love to see the price of ammo go back to normal.

So would I !! but, I would rather pay inflated prices vs. gov't restriction taxes.

Back on topic,

I O/C, I rarely find anyone even looking at me twice with a black 1911 pistol on my hip. If I carry my S&W 357 w/ 6.5" barrel I do get some added conversation. Never had a neg. situation yet. 357 is a great conversation piece. (it really is very old and rare) I have ridden my motorcycle through three O/C states without any problem. But, I have seen many a' printed gun.

Said all that to say, most sheeple do not even see guns even when they are in plain view.

I had read somewhere that at the current rate of HCP applications since the election, TN could expect an additional 120,000 permits by the end of the year.

A legislator told me last week that the state had been processing an average of over 10,000 HCP permit applications a month since November. Sounds like our sources had similar sources...