Nashville Man Robbed, Shot For $3.00 Take

• Administrator

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070823/NEWS03/70823020/-1/RSS05

Police searching for robber who shot victim after stealing $3

Metro police are searching for a gunman who stole $3 from a man outside a north Nashville area market, then shot him in the legs when the victim tried to run away.The victim, Jeff Macadoo, 20, was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries after the 8:40 p.m. shooting, Metro police said.

Police said Macadoo was shot while standing outside the AA Market, located at 2700 Whites Creek Pike, Metro police spokeswoman Kristin Mumford said.

A gray-colored compact 4-door car pulled up, and a passenger got out with a handgun and stole Macadoo’s $3, Mumford said.

“As Macadoo ran, the suspect shot him in his lower legs,” Mumford said.

The suspect was described as a black man, between 20-25 years old, wearing a white T-shirt, a dark baseball cap, and denim shorts.

The perp must not have been hugged enough as a child. :eek:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shot for 3 bucks... Another good reason to always carry...

I dont think there is a good dollar amount to justify a shooting. I'm not saying you think there is. The 3 dollars makes it even more senseless. Reminds me of the shooting in Madison with the 2 Egyptian store clerks, killed for virtually no reason at all.

I dont think there is a good dollar amount to justify a shooting. I'm not saying you think there is. The 3 dollars makes it even more senseless. Reminds me of the shooting in Madison with the 2 Egyptian store clerks, killed for virtually no reason at all.

Your right, there have been too many people shot because they had nothing on them to steal.

I am just amazed how pathetic criminals are. For some reason I am still surprised people can be so worthless. :D

Your right, there have been too many people shot because they had nothing on them to steal.

I am just amazed how pathetic criminals are. For some reason I am still surprised people can be so worthless. :D

It is a canard. People ask me "would you shoot someone over $15?" The answer is, it is irrelevant how much money I have. If someone is threatening me, for whatever reason, I am going to shoot him if justified.

FBI stats (if I recall correctly) are that even where the victim complies fully he will still get shot/killed about 45% of the time.

A gray-colored compact 4-door car pulled up, and a passenger got out with a handgun and stole Macadoo’s $3, Mumford said
How many times have you come out/gone in a gas station while a car was pulling up? How much time would you really have to realize that the person getting out of the vehicle has a gun? Would you really have time to draw your own before the perp already had his gun trained on you?

If it happened that fast, I doubt that I would have time to react.

Guest Phantom6
How many times have you come out/gone in a gas station while a car was pulling up? How much time would you really have to realize that the person getting out of the vehicle has a gun? Would you really have time to draw your own before the perp already had his gun trained on you?

If it happened that fast, I doubt that I would have time to react.

That's why God created the Seecamp .380 :D

Guest Hyaloid

Just a thought... the victim wasn't shot for the $3.00, the assailant got that already.

He was shot for a sick sense of fun and outright malice.

You won't have time to react after the confrontation starts, you have to be aware of the situation before hand. Sure it's being paranoid, but is it being paranoid enough?

Guest GlocKingTN

I'm gonna agree with the Rabbi on his statistic statement. IMHO, most of time if the perp pulls the weapon, whether its a gun, knife, sword, whatever-he intends on using it. That is, if you cant make it to yours first!;)