It's Race Week In Bristol

Marswolf

Had to go over to the southeastern side of Bristol this morning. Right by the race track. The campgrounds are filling up fast. I'll try to stay away from there, and definitely not try to eat at a restaurant until the races are over this weekend.

For any of you NAStyCAR fans who want to see the transformation of the track, and have WeatherBug change the location to zip code 37617 and click on the live cameras. You get the camera at the raceway. Click on the 365 day time lapse and you can see the track being torn up and rebuilt. Actually, it's about the same. It just isn't falling apart now and is a couple of feet wider in spots.

1205528760_b325a96658.jpg

3:20 p.m. 8/22/2007

I haven't actually been to a race at the track in about 30 years, although I have been to other events there. Things have changed - like it taking four hours to get out of there after the race. The ticket price have risen a bit too. Thank you, I'll just watch in air conditioned comfort on TV.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dotsun

Yeah, I'm with ya on watching at home Mars. Although I did date a girl for a couple years that got Bristol tickets each spring. It's almost worth driving up there and back if the tickets are free. Too bad we broke up, I miss Bristol...

Yeah, I'm with ya on watching at home Mars. Although I did date a girl for a couple years that got Bristol tickets each spring. It's almost worth driving up there and back if the tickets are free. Too bad we broke up, I miss Bristol...

I had one of those, too, when I was going to ETSU... :stir:

I used to get sky box passes for either the Jim Beam skybox or Crown Royal until ABC took all the fun out of freebies. The skyboxes are fun alright but I prefer sitting in the grandstands. Not getting sensations from smell and noise made me feel I was missing something.

I guess I will be part of the couch brigade for this one.

And the other thing, going to that Saturday night race just killed my Sunday too.