Desantis Tuck-this II

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I use a Desantis tuck This-II for a car holster,I leave it in the glove box for those instances when I need a quick holster,I leave a spare mag in the holster also,It works good for what I need it for,I carry it appendix style with 0 cant,able to stuff in the front when needed.I have it for my Glock G27.:koolaid:

I've been wearing my pistol on my ankle, and for my environment, it's fine, but out of curiosity, I tried the Uncle Mike's Sidekick that I was given with the pistol. I am rather chunky, and I never dreamed I could wear on my hip. Now knowing I can wear there, I decided to look for something I can tuck over, and something that will let the pistol sit lower. The DeSantis Tuck-This II seemed like the ideal upgrade, but then I read about the CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe. Then I saw positive comments on the Comp-Tac line. So, it's down to those three. Concealment takes a slight priority over comfort. I can wear on the ankle long term but having a fully concealed IWB carry would be a nice option.

I've been wearing my pistol on my ankle, and for my environment, it's fine, but out of curiosity, I tried the Uncle Mike's Sidekick that I was given with the pistol. I am rather chunky, and I never dreamed I could wear on my hip. Now knowing I can wear there, I decided to look for something I can tuck over, and something that will let the pistol sit lower. The DeSantis Tuck-This II seemed like the ideal upgrade, but then I read about the CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe. Then I saw positive comments on the Comp-Tac line. So, it's down to those three. Concealment takes a slight priority over comfort. I can wear on the ankle long term but having a fully concealed IWB carry would be a nice option.

You cant go wrong purchasing the MTAC or the Supertuck,I have both and they work real well and are comfortable.

You cant go wrong purchasing the MTAC or the Supertuck,I have both and they work real well and are comfortable.

Which do you like best, and why? Comp-Tac does not list a MTAC for the SW99, but they do for the C-TAC model. I've emailed Comp-Tac asking is it possible to make a MTAC since the Kydex portions should be very similar or the same.

I like the MTAC's covering the entire barrel length while the SuperTuck doesn't. I've read where some with the SuperTuck have an issue of the barrel wearing their pants thin.

Which clips do you use for each model? I am a little concerned about those being visible when trying to conceal.

Did you ever get one? What's your carry piece?

Yes, I got it and use it everyday.

But, i don't carry all day...like others have said i use it as a car holster as I can't carry @ work.

It goes in the console when I'm not carrying, when I hop out @ the grocery store or minute market, i tuck it and go.

I carried for about 2 hours one day and it gets a little uncomfortable.

My carry weapon is a Taurus Mill-Pro PT145. And I appendix carry.

Which do you like best, and why? Comp-Tac does not list a MTAC for the SW99, but they do for the C-TAC model. I've emailed Comp-Tac asking is it possible to make a MTAC since the Kydex portions should be very similar or the same.

I like the MTAC's covering the entire barrel length while the SuperTuck doesn't. I've read where some with the SuperTuck have an issue of the barrel wearing their pants thin.

Which clips do you use for each model? I am a little concerned about those being visible when trying to conceal.

I use the Crossbreed for my G27 and it does cover the barrel,I use the standard 9 round mags with a Pearce Grip Ext,it just adds a place to rest your pinkie but doesnt add anymore round count.I had the MTAC for the Springfield XD and it also covered the pistol well,there also I was using the standard 10 round mag,but the XD was the Compact model.

Here's another negative review of the tuck this II. Its too thick.

I ordered one with the optional retention straps, and while passable without these, its like tucking a brick inside your pants. Terrible.

When you try to tuck your shirt in while wearing it, it looks like you've got a fully loaded adult diaper on.

I've got a $12 uncle mike's that is 100x better and loads more comfortable.

Here's another negative review of the tuck this II. Its too thick.

I ordered one with the optional retention straps, and while passable without these, its like tucking a brick inside your pants. Terrible.

When you try to tuck your shirt in while wearing it, it looks like you've got a fully loaded adult diaper on.

I've got a $12 uncle mike's that is 100x better and loads more comfortable.

Is your Uncle Mike's the one that won't let the shirt tuck in? Or something different?

IMG_5843rs.jpg

uhhhhhhh....that pic is scary....after seeing that...i would DEFINITELY take the Desantis over that!!!!

The seller threw that in with the gun for free. I'm glad I finally tried it out. I never would have thought the pistol would fit comfortably between me and my semi tight jeans. LOL

I've worn that holster with shorts and a standard belt while washing my car and other stuff having me bend and stoop over. The pistol doesn't budge a bit in that thing, but I just don't like it sitting so high with respect to my belt.