July 14, 2009 *KNOXVILLE AREA* Restaurant Meet Thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Liberty Seeker

I wouldn't mind coming out and meeting some of ya'll, and Ye Olde Steak House is close, but it seems to me that if you choose that particular establishment you might be pricing some folks out of being able to attend. I mean hell you are damn near pricing me out, but it's such a signifcant day in TN history I figure it might be kinda nice to celbrate it with like-minded folks like yourselves, so where ever we end up I'm going to do my best to join you. Steaks or boobies, here we come :love:

Guest colrmccoll

Ye Olde Steak house is a little pricey but for the occasion I would relent. I am not sure they can handle a large group. I don' remember a separate room but that may not mean anything.

I know I tried on New Years eave one year and finally went to Roberts on Alcoa Highway because they were so backed up.

Just let me know.

Rick

Guest Liberty Seeker

We did a work thing at ye olde once, with probably 15-20 people, but that was quite a few years ago. That was on a Fri. or Sat. night, so a Tuesday might be easier, but can't say for sure.

I did not know ye olde costs a lot. Maybe we ought to stick with Ruby Tuesday or Hooters then. There is not one reason to cause a financial hardship for anyone who may wish to join us. Especially a financial hardship on me :love:

Been craving dang wings since it was first mentioned here.

I did not know ye olde costs a lot. Maybe we ought to stick with Ruby Tuesday or Hooters then. There is not one reason to cause a financial hardship for anyone who may wish to join us. Especially a financial hardship on me :up:

Been craving dang wings since it was first mentioned here.

Can you slide a bunch of tables together at Hooters? Been a long time since I was in one and can't remember.

Seems we need to find a place loose or accommodating enough that we could seat a bunch of folks relatively together. Booth and small table seating ain't very sociable.

- OS

Can you slide a bunch of tables together at Hooters? Been a long time since I was in one and can't remember.

Seems we need to find a place loose or accommodating enough that we could seat a bunch of folks relatively together. Booth and small table seating ain't very sociable.

- OS

No booths, but lots of small tables. And the seating area is so cramped that there's really no need to push any tables together. There are a couple of larger tables at the one on Merchants.
Guest Swamprunner

Yeah, let's do Hooters, but don't tell the wife. She'll think I'm up to nefarious deeds. This is lunch, right? Nikki, what say you.

Guest Bluemax

Ye Olde does have a room and I wiil be glad to call David and try and set something up if that is what you guys would like. He might even offer a special for us like a reduced price on a cheeseburger and fries or something else. We certainly don't want to exclude anyone because of the price. again I'm with the group just trying to think of a nice way to celabrate

Guest Boomhower

I don't see anything wrong with Hooters seating arrangements. Bunch of tables in one area, guys roaming around from table to table, bucket-o-beer on each table.......sure beats sitting down talking to the person in front of you and on either side......just an opinion though.

And I need to know whether lunch or supper as well.

So, at a gathering celebrating firearm carry in booze serving restaurants, you ain't gonna carry?

- OS

You mean there has been all this fuss over a bill that does not allow us to get drunk and wave our guns arounds?

:tough:

Hooters. Hooters. Hooters.

July 14 also happens to be bike night at Hooters on K-Pike.

if you guys really want to do hooters on that night I will show up.

But I am not a big fan of large crowds. Bike night at hooters does not sound like fun to me.

But I will do whatever you all decide.

Guest Boomhower
if you guys really want to do hooters on that night I will show up.

But I am not a big fan of large crowds. Bike night at hooters does not sound like fun to me.

But I will do whatever you all decide.

O come on Mike......Bikers, bars, and guns.......throw in a news crew and we've go the 11 oclock spot on lock down. :poop: