July 14, 2009 *KNOXVILLE AREA* Restaurant Meet Thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18
Bk's met a lot of "Big Lou's" in his muffin top get up. How's the traffic down at Watt Road, anyways, bkelm? B)

Truckers need love too.

Guest tnvolfan

I have an idea. TGO David picks the restaurant for July. All those who show up put their name in a hat. At the end of dinner, a name is drawn and that person decides where to have the August dinner. The same method applies each month. There are lots of good restaurants named here, and I think we need to be considerate of the money limitations, because it truly would be good if as many people could come as is possible. Anyway, it's just an idea, and someone must make a decision.

Guest TNMedved
I have an idea. TGO David picks the restaurant for July. All those who show up put their name in a hat. At the end of dinner, a name is drawn and that person decides where to have the August dinner. The same method applies each month. There are lots of good restaurants named here, and I think we need to be considerate of the money limitations, because it truly would be good if as many people could come as is possible. Anyway, it's just an idea, and someone must make a decision.

That sounds like a reasonable approach. Or, if we wanted like a roomto ourselves, I know Littons in FOuntain City (and I am sure other palces as well) would give us the "back room" if we called in advance. I know a local rotary club meets there and they have plenty of room. But where ever it is, looking forward to it!

OK guys, we need to appoint someone to make the final decision. Batting this back and forth will get us no where. I vote Mike.357 (is that correct?) to take the lead and make the choice. Anyone second??? If so, unless someone else has a nomination, let's go with it. Time is running out.

OK guys, we need to appoint someone to make the final decision. Batting this back and forth will get us no where. I vote Mike.357 (is that correct?) to take the lead and make the choice. Anyone second??? If so, unless someone else has a nomination, let's go with it. Time is running out.

Your gonna let that weirdo make the decision? Why, I wouldn't trust him to orchestrate a possum race.

Well, okay, I second the nomination. :ugh:

- OS

sounded like Hooters was agreeable to most.

Hooters on Kingston Pk was bad because it is bike night, I also think one of the local radio stations is giving away a Harley there that night. So I am guessing that place will be packed.

Hooters on Merchants has the same menu. So I simply suggest we got there.

I half expect the new law to be put on hold by some liberal judge on the 13th anyway. Isn't that the date for a hearing on the matter?

At any rate, unless the law is struck, or Hooters decides to post (which they may well do, who knows?) We can go there on Merchants Rd. If by chance they are posted there are several other places right nearby to fall back on.

sounded like Hooters was agreeable to most.

Hooters on Kingston Pk was bad because it is bike night, I also think one of the local radio stations is giving away a Harley there that night. So I am guessing that place will be packed.

Hooters on Merchants has the same menu. So I simply suggest we got there.

I half expect the new law to be put on hold by some liberal judge on the 13th anyway. Isn't that the date for a hearing on the matter?

At any rate, unless the law is struck, or Hooters decides to post (which they may well do, who knows?) We can go there on Merchants Rd. If by chance they are posted there are several other places right nearby to fall back on.

Hooters on Merchants it is, time: 6:00 allowing ample time for people to arrive, say go in around 6:30?

not much hope of me being there before 7. But I can arrive late, it is no big deal.

ok, make is 7:00 ish. I tend to go early...no biggy. I guess just loiter around outside till we get a grouping together. Let's see if we can get a head count. Maybe start another thread posting location and time and a counter?