This Is Why You Need A Gun, Friend.

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU

The last one had video edited for Court TV. I emailed these to the members of my family, especially the females, that feel that they can stop ex husbands and other burglars, rapists, with their bare hands and reason. My mother has MS and my dad works out of town. She has a couple of guns in the house, but says she is more likely to use a bat or kitchen knife if someone is breaking into the house. Despite all the arguing, I still haven't understood the reasoning behind that. Obviously, cops can't be there at all times. To me it sounded like the dispatcher didn't have this down as an emergency at first, but more as a trespasser. If the guys in the cars don't get the proper information, they can't get there. However, I don't rely on strangers with badges protecting me and mine. That's the point I was trying to make with my family. Protect yourself!

In my experience, dispatch will often not realize how serious things are. When I worked for a very large department in the Southwest corner of our fine state, the dispatchers would tell us how to proceed to the call (Lights and sirens vs Normal rate of speed). I remember several times when they absolutely blew it and units would have to ask permission from a field commander to run emergency traffic. At the dept I am with now, we decide how we want to go to the call.

Guest SUNTZU
In my experience, dispatch will often not realize how serious things are. When I worked for a very large department in the Southwest corner of our fine state, the dispatchers would tell us how to proceed to the call (Lights and sirens vs Normal rate of speed). I remember several times when they absolutely blew it and units would have to ask permission from a field commander to run emergency traffic. At the dept I am with now, we decide how we want to go to the call.

I understand that its hard for dispatchers to get the seriousness of calls, especially when they seem to get some outlandish calls to the 911 line. I guess when someone is telling a dispatcher that they are kicking the door in the sense of urgency ought to be pretty high, though. I'm curious as to how you guys get to decide how to go to the call. Is it gut feeling based on the code, or does the dispatcher give you more detail than that? I don't know how that works between dispatchers and emergency personnel/LEO's and am curious.

I could only get the second one to work. But I crackek up at the part where the 911 operator asks if the husband shot the guy, the answer was yes, and then he asks if an ambulance is needed...lol. Nope, cause ya know those gun shot wounds don't usually cause any damage...hheeeeeeres your sign!:)

Guest AreSeeFiddyWon
I could only get the second one to work.

The embedding is turned off for #1 and #3, click on the title of the video at the top and it will take you to where you can watch.

Guest RISC777

Third vid, probably Aurora being in Arapahoe County (large SE section of metro Denver). Does nto surprise me at all. That area is ...

Guest JLowe

I got a call of a suspicious person one night in a that a girl saw around her house. We had a large fight call at a bar at the same time. I asked my Sgt. which he wanted me to go to first and the answer was the fight call. 25 minutes later after clearing the fight call, I went to the other call. The girl was standing near her car in the driveway. she stated that she saw someone near her back door when she got home and called and she thought someone may be in her house. As I was walking around the house, I heard the tale tale thump inside. I called for another unit and thankfully a nearby city officer whom I was on the Regional SWAT team with showed up. We entered the house and as we were clearing it, I saw a head sticking out from underneath the computer desk. We proceeded to take the guy into custody after he refused our commands and resisted. When I ran his criminal history, he was a convicted and registered violent sex offender who is now doing 15 years. The girl told me after all was said and done that she told dispatch that she thought someone was in her house and she had heard noises. They dispatched as a suspicious person, WTF? If it would have been dispatched differently, we would have responded differently and resolved the situation sooner. I was just thankful that the girl had enough sense not to go into the house and stayed outside.