Letters to restaurants that post

Guest m&pc9

Guest m&pc9

I remember discussing this a few months ago in another thread.

What does everyone thing about writing a restaurant that post no guns. Say if your favorite place post you can go and talk to the managers and owner. Then post their address or email address on a thread here for members to politely write a short letter about the money they are losing. I don't know if it will change alot of minds but if an owner is posting because a few people complained and wanted it posted. If we could get 200-300 emails or letters that says " I will not eat there as long as you are posted". It might help get some to change their minds.

Personally, I do not want to eat a Calhoun's or any of that jackasses other restaurants that ran his weenie washer on the news in opposition of the new law. Or sunset grill in Nashville. But if another member wants to eat there, I will send an email to try and change their mind.

I dont think it will change the hard core anti's mind. But it may help if the owner is just posting to make 1 or 2 customers happy. Even guys in Memphis can write to restaurants in Knoxville and vise versa the owner doesn't have to know where you live.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back I started a thread titled, "The day after restaurant carry". The discussion led to an open carry vs. concealed carry debate and many of the posters didn't feel that many restaurants would post due to $$$$ and revenue issues if they did.

I hope they are correct but look what has taken place up to now. Hasn't Nashville made a move due to a loophole in the State liquor laws, to deny any restaurant that doesn't post, its beer license?

Here in east Tennessee, there is a bit more liberal influence from a larger northern population (hell, I am one of them but far from a liberal) and it may bleed over to some of our nicest restaurants.

Again, I hope not but just in case, I have rough draft of a letter that will go to any owner or manager that posts a "no guns" sign. It may not do a bit of good but at least I can say I tried. Here she be:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As a firearm carry permit holder, I have been thoroughly and carefully scrutinized by a number of agencies. The Federal Government, the State Government, local police departments and my own past actions. If any of theses agencies would have detected a hint of criminal activity in my past, and if my own past actions would have led to any misdemeanors, felonies or convictions, I would have been denied the permit and probably not been able to get it in the future.

We as responsible permit holders have an obligation to ourselves, the general public and our fellow holders who have chosen to become the “masters†of our own self protection. Our past and future actions have not and will not jeopardize ourselves or those around us. There have been virtually no problems with legal carry permit holders in the state of Tennessee. and we want to keep it that way.

Please re-consider your stance on legal gun carriers (permit holders). Do not deny us the privilege of dining at your restaurant and our right to defend ourselves, families, friends and others if the situation demands it. We recognize the chances of this ever happening are very slim but in comparison, there are millions who play the lottery. Statistically any given individual has less of a chance of winning than he has of needing to defend himself. Yet he still plays and no one seems to think the less of him for it. Why then the negative connotations against those who take self defense responsibility upon themselves?

Remember, we can not drink while dining at a restaurant that serves alcohol. This has been firmly made clear in the new law and it is fully accepted. Only legal and law abiding citizens will be effected by the sign you posted on the door. Criminals will pay it no heed. At least you can be sure if you allow legal gun owners to enter your building, you know that he or she has been proven in the eyes of the law. Can you say that for the people at the next table?

My family and I can no longer dine at your restaurant because of your stance and denial of my Second Amendment rights and I will discuss this situation with the many carry permit holders I know in face to face conversation as well as internet postings.

Again I ask, in light of the information written above, please re-consider. You and your patrons will be no less safe if you do. Over 30 other states allow restaurant carry and it has proven not to be a problem. The news media, as they do in so many cases, sensationalized and misprinted numerous articles up to date on this subject and swung a good deal of public opinion against it. Our State Legislators saw through the media rhetoric and passed the law on the strength of reality.

Edited by Mousegun
adddition
Guest m&pc9

It sounds like alot of places are not going to post. But I was thinking if someones favorite place posted, may be we could write the owner a letter. It certainly wont hurt.

BTW nice letter.