Can I carry here?

Guest eyebedam

Guest eyebedam

My daughters Dance Recitial is at TPAC Friday & Saturday night. I normally last from 6.00 to about 11:30 pm. They do not sell alcohol at this event but since it is a Dance Studio deal does it fall into a no guns in schools grey area since its all kids? Im not really worried about anything happening at the recitial but walking to & esp from the car late at night downtown with 3 kids the wife & all types of dance bags we could look like a easy target.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam

Its is a private dance studio. Theres prob gonna be around 3000 people there Id guess. I know TPAC ends up standing room only. I know they dont frisk & I see where youre going with it.

Thanks

Guest 3pugguy
My daughters Dance Recitial is at TPAC Friday & Saturday night. I normally last from 6.00 to about 11:30 pm. They do not sell alcohol at this event but since it is a Dance Studio deal does it fall into a no guns in schools grey area since its all kids? Im not really worried about anything happening at the recitial but walking to & esp from the car late at night downtown with 3 kids the wife & all types of dance bags we could look like a easy target.

TPAC has a no guns posting, if it's actually in the facility if I recall from a recent visit - 99% sure. So while the event may not be a prohibited event, I believe the facility itself is restricted. Give them a call would be my suggestion or maybe it's on the website?

Guest savvysteve

Just a suggestion... I had a situation a while back where I knew I had to go somewhere that my gun was off limits. I also knew that I didn't want to go "unarmed" so to speak. Long story...

Basically I bought a cheap small can of Sabre pepper spray... whatever the official name is... I am not hung up on all the +P, -P, whatever garbage... I have begun carrying that with me places here and there. I know it's no match for a gun. So please don't flame me... I am just saying I would rather have it than not... I too carry a pocket knife... but would rather fight spray them and keep myself at a distance if possible is all I am saying...

• Administrator

Non-lethal and less-lethal forms of protection are always a good tool no matter where you are, Steve. Good advice. Some people only carry a gun and don't figure out until it's too late that not every situation requires firepower but some situations require a little more leverage than just your fists or feet.

Guest 3pugguy
Just a suggestion... I had a situation a while back where I knew I had to go somewhere that my gun was off limits. I also knew that I didn't want to go "unarmed" so to speak. Long story...

Basically I bought a cheap small can of Sabre pepper spray... whatever the official name is... I am not hung up on all the +P, -P, whatever garbage... I have begun carrying that with me places here and there. I know it's no match for a gun. So please don't flame me... I am just saying I would rather have it than not... I too carry a pocket knife... but would rather fight spray them and keep myself at a distance if possible is all I am saying...

Good point and a good idea, especially on keeping an attacker(s) at bay.

Guest kingtone
... I have begun carrying that with me places here and there. I know it's no match for a gun. So please don't flame me...

i think anyone on here that would flame you for carrying pepper spray etc would be an idiot. i keep one in the truck and tuck it in my pocket when i cant carry into an establishment. beats the alternatives of being unprepared

+1 here for non lethal when you have to

For some reason, I thought municipalities had to properly post just like private properties. ...

They do have to post their admin buildings (except for courts), but not those for recreational purposes - part of the existing local parks statute.

But I assume if the new parks thing passes, they WILL have to post them too.

(although I don't think it will be enacted)

- OS

Guest eyebedam

Well I'm here now & it is posted on the door but it's not a legal sign. It has a revolver with no firearms permitted & that's it. I'll try to snap a pic of the sign when I leave. I got me a little flask of sailor jerry rum. Mmmmmm rum