TFA is not registered to lobby?

Guest SomeGuy

David,

While I do not doubt for a moment your support of firearm rights, you have some glaring inaccuracies regarding the TFA.

Regarding examples, I am routinely in contact with TFA leadership, and not a single person has a negative feeling towards TGO. It just is not there. If you go back and read through my history, I have been very positive about TGO, though you will find critiques of specific people, however they are outlyers. I would challenge you to find an actual TFA rep or even person in a leadership position who has bad thoughts agout TGO. Look at pinmaster, he is a prime example. Whatever dispute you see, may very well be the anti-TFA bias, which I see quite a few posters presenting.

I must disagree with you regarding the NRA's lobbiest. A part timer who is unfamiliar with Tennessee, not well versed in case law, and has a poor relationship with elected officials is not going to be very effective. Worse, look at their alerts. The NRA is not at all thorough with pending legislation. This is one reason why at the state level I advocate the TFA so strongly. John is versed in Tennessee law and case law, as well as having a good relationship with elected officials and the ability to give detailed reports of pending legislation. Frankly, a FT NRA lobbiest working with the TFA (and any other groups that wanted to put in the serious effort, such as the TGO) would be a boon to all gun owners of Tennessee. The TFA is the best versed as an organization on gun laws/legislation. I do think we even beat the NRA at the state level, which is another reason I encourage people to join us, learn from us, and help us get better TN laws.

Clearly you've got a bias here being the TFA's official web guy, so I don't expect you to agree.

Regarding inaccuracies I mentioned earlier, where did you even get such a notion?

TFA advertises itself as a lobbying organization.

Where? I think you made assumptions, a lot of them. Since we don't declare ourselves to be, people have no reason to assume that we are. (I will note, as I think this may be what has happened with some people - including you David, John was registered, as has been noted. People may simply have assummed he still was, causing the error.)

I was courted for your position back when TGO first started growing

Again, what exactly is my position? David, while we are supposed to be on the same side, I think you are not accurate with all of your information.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

damned, could you not just walk away and leave it alone? You should consider being a better ambassador of TFA. This is something John and David need to sit down about and have a beer/coffee and discuss... If there is an issue between them and if it needs to be discussed at all. You stirring the pot when there is obviously a problem isnt going to help. Actions like this may be whats led to any problem that may exist in the first place.

:bowrofl::shake::D

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER
  • Administrator

I recently extended an olive branch to the TFA in the form of a free banner ad here on TGO but never heard anything back about it. To that end, it strikes me that there has been a real effort from TGO to support the TFA's efforts but yet I still sense a bit of passive-agression from TFA in return.

I've said my piece about this issue and I'm done publicly discussing this tension (real or perceived) between TGO and TFA. If John wants to discuss it with me privately, he knows how to get in touch with me.

SomeGuy, if I were part of the TFA leadership I'd probably have told you a long time ago that you weren't to make any statements regarding TFA on TGO that weren't directly authorized by the board of directors.

I'm done with this.