New Carry Gun - Kahr CW9

Guest dizzielizzie

OK OhShoot Mr. Senior, I know I know. Just giving Bronker info from a woman's point of view, you men are more "pro gun" and the movie gives us ladies a little nudge in the same direction. If my hubby offered to replace anything around the house with something 3 times it's value, I'd be right on it.

Geesh, guess I'll just log off & go sulk in the corner. This is the third time I've gotten shushed for not being exact. :P

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK OhShoot Mr. Senior, I know I know. ...

:P:D

Geesh, guess I'll just log off & go sulk in the corner. This is the third time I've gotten shushed for not being exact.

Now, now...it wasn't a rebuke, ya know...you don't lose any points or anything! :grouchy:

- OS

Baddabing! You fixed it! Thanks! Okay, now what about that slide stop / grip issue I mentioned????

You'll have to send the big bucks for the first fix, then I'll tell you. :P

Naw, really, sorry, no advice on the slide stop issue. I'm fairly big guy, not small hands at all (but not huge either), and I just don't have prob with it biting me.

At least you're not dropping the mag during shooting. A friend somehow hit the mag release button all three times in a row he tried to run a mag's worth from my PM9. And that has NEVER happened to me.

And then, months later, his little Beretta .22 slide took a piece out of MY thumb, something that has never happened to HIM.

Go figger.

I guess you're just gonna have to make an effort to bend that thumb down some from the knuckle or something...best of luck.

- OS

Guest Bronker
OK OhShoot Mr. Senior, I know I know. Just giving Bronker info from a woman's point of view, you men are more "pro gun" and the movie gives us ladies a little nudge in the same direction. If my hubby offered to replace anything around the house with something 3 times it's value, I'd be right on it.

Geesh, guess I'll just log off & go sulk in the corner. This is the third time I've gotten shushed for not being exact. :P

Thanks, Diz. Great perspective. I'll let her read that review. And yes, we've seen that movie!

Diz, don't mind OhShoot. He's just a grumpy old man. :grouchy:

Wanna really wind him up? Start countering every post he makes referring to him as 'Chief.' Its an inside joke that started about a year ago. OS is cool though! :screwy:

Aint ya...Chief?!?

ok :)

Guess I'll get outta the corner now.

But I really really do like my kahr.

Ah, certainly that was never in question...I really like mine, too, and though XD subbie has taken over mostly for EDC, the Kahr in the pocket still does duty maybe 30-45 days out of the year.

Kahr-Stellar-sm.jpg

- OS

• 1 year later...
Guest dboonekilledabearhere

I put a Kahr CW9 in layaway this past Friday (Tric Cities Gun Depot). I added the Hogue grip as well. My intention is for this gun to be my EDC replacing my Colt Defender .45. I wanted something smaller and lighter. Now I just need to find a good IWB holster. Suggestions anyone on holsters? Supertuck, Kholster, MTAC..??

Man, where are all these old threads cropping up from today? Six months back on this one, and a couple from '08 that I saw.

But, since I found this, I just picked up a Stainless Kahr 9. Heard so much about them and when I found this at Eastside and Rabbi made me a really good price on it; I just had to pick it up. It seems to be similar in size to the Taurus 709, maybe a little larger. But feels so good in the hands, I just couldn't put it down. I'll try it out sometime this week for the first time and if I continue to be impressed, it may just unseat my XD9sc from first position.

I ordered a Kahr CW-9 from Mike @ Austins in May and picked it up on July 8th. The 1st time I took it to the range to start the 200 round break in was a disaster. Between misfires, feed failures, ejection failures and the fact that the slide failed to lock on on an empty mag twice I thought I had a PO :bs:. Trying not to panic I took it home, took it apart, cleaned it and them bought two different boxes of ammo that were different brands. I've fired it three times since then and probably have the recommended 200 rounds through it. Since the first range trip there hasn't been one problem. :D

I ordered a Crossbread Quik Clip when I ordered the Kahr and it came last week. It was comfortable right out of the box. It's still stiff and I think when it's broken in and soft I probably won't notice I'm wearing it. It conceals so well that I've been carrying using it and so far my wife hasn't noticed it.