Celebration of Liberty Presented by TGO, Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms

Read the first post in this thread and then vote.  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Read the first post in this thread and then vote.

• YES -- You can absolutely count on me being there
    • NO -- A meeting of this nature would be of no interest to me whatsoever

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so it's clear, I don't have any intention of this being a fundraiser-by-the-plate sort of thing. The cost of a plate of BBQ is pretty much what it sounds like. $10-20'ish depending on what you eat.

I haven’t read through this whole thread so if this has already been asked I apologize.

Is there a fee or buying a plate requirement to attend? Who do the proceeds from the food go to?

• Administrator
I haven’t read through this whole thread so if this has already been asked I apologize.

Is there a fee or buying a plate requirement to attend? Who do the proceeds from the food go to?

The plan right now is that you only pay if you eat. The proceeds from that go to the guy supplying and cooking the food. :koolaid:

Hey JustAGuy, sorry you will miss it. Thanks for your service. I did the Korea thing twice myself. I was in Camp Hovey and Camp Essayons (now closed, about 1.5 miles East of Camp Red Cloud). Tell ya what, I'll have an extra plate of bulgogi in your honor (if they serve it, which I doubt). :rolleyes:

Guest Linoge

Barring work doing something exceptionally wonky (which is possible, given that we are expecting a sizeable inspection the week after this), I might be there. Assuming trigger time on a .50, I will be there.

:)

Dang, you had to do this ONE MONTH before I come home! :)

Oh well, I guess I will have to try and make the next one. ;)

I'll gladly buy you lunch when you get back abroad if you'd like since you'll miss this! :)

• Administrator
Barring work doing something exceptionally wonky (which is possible, given that we are expecting a sizeable inspection the week after this), I might be there. Assuming trigger time on a .50, I will be there.

:)

Guys, no one ever said there was going to be trigger time on a .50 at this event. That hasn't even been discussed in any of our planning sessions, and there really isn't any place at their facility to shoot it save for their R&D lab ... and I don't see that happening.

Guest Linoge

Hm. It appears as though the joke of contrasting "might" versus "will" fell flat on its face... oh well.

Suffice to say, I was only being a little facetious.

• Administrator

Nah, it had been mentioned once or twice before in this thread by other people as well. I just didn't want anyone showing up with their ear-muffs and shooting glasses, asking where the .50 was set up for shots. :)

Nah, it had been mentioned once or twice before in this thread by other people as well. I just didn't want anyone showing up with their ear-muffs and shooting glasses, asking where the .50 was set up for shots. :)

Well, I'll guarantee you I will have ear muffs and glasses along with an assortment of other things:) in the range bag just about every where I go. ;):)

oldogy

• 2 weeks later...
Yep Coach Hammonds is a monster. One of the best in the country imo.

+ For Coach Hammonds, I train with him so if TGO would like to have him, I can get you guys together. He's very supportive of the military, and a great family man.

I'm no BBQ expert, but I've researched and study the art so if you need volunteers BBQ,ing let me know.