First all day carry

I just completed my first all day carry of my S & W 910. I had previously been putting it or another gun in my desk drawer for most of the day. Since I recently got a Crossbreed Supertuck I thought I would try keeping it on all day. Not too bad but I don't think I ever forgot I had it on. I am pretty big around the middle and had to keep my belt a little too tight for comfort. It does conceal well though. Is anyone really able to forget they have a gun on?

Glenn

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just completed my first all day carry of my S & W 910. I had previously been putting it or another gun in my desk drawer for most of the day. Since I recently got a Crossbreed Supertuck I thought I would try keeping it on all day. Not too bad but I don't think I ever forgot I had it on. I am pretty big around the middle and had to keep my belt a little too tight for comfort. It does conceal well though. Is anyone really able to forget they have a gun on?

Glenn

The only time I can forget I have anything is when I have the P3AT in a paddle holster. I'm pretty big around the middle too so IWB is out as far as I'm concerned. Well unless I want to hike my britches up and wear suspenders. I'm not to that point just yet.. :hyper:

...Is anyone really able to forget they have a gun on?

Been carrying daily only about 9 months; my XD subbie weighs about same as your SW (zactly 2 lbs with 13+1)...

About half the time can honestly say I don't feel it at all, 'bout half the time I'm aware of its presence.

Got a good thick belt at least 1.5" wide? That sure can make a big diff.

- OS

Guest 3pugguy

I wouldn't say I forget it's there, but I carry OWB (long shirt tails - the squared off, button ups) and it's pretty comfortable - Glock19, Blackhawk paddle.

My BUG, though, I sometimes forget - Kel-Tec P32 in a Nemesis.

Guest 3pugguy

Hi XD,

That may help totally forget I am carrying. So, I have a belt on order from the leather guy at Guns and Leather in Greenbrier, as I have heard that from almost everyone - get a good, strong belt and it will be even better carrying. Seems a reasonable price - 45 bucks. Some of the guys who work in the gun store have Wayne's belts.

Barry

I do occassionally forget that I am wearing either of my carry guns. I carry either a Glock 19 in a Kramer IWB holster or a Glock 31 in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I've found that either holster is sooooooo comfortable that I hardly notice they are there. Much more so than my Glock 27 in it's Don Hume holster.

I'm gonna get me one of them Kramers one day.

I'v heard so much about them. I naad to save for a while.

They really are worth the money. I've tried just about every holster out there, and those are the two I've settled on. Just a hint, keep an eye on Ebay, if you watch enough you'll be able to find a holster for your gun and generally won't pay retail. I think I've bought two or three Kramers and two Milt Sparks and haven't had to pay what the makers are asking for them.

I see what you mean about the belt. I got a wider & stiffer belt and that made a difference. I have also been moving the holster around and finding more comfortable positions. I also might try wearing a undershirt, although the horsehide is not really uncomfortable against my skin.

Glenn

Guest nraforlife

I carry all day BUT my M&P40c is in a 5.11 style tactical undershirt. Slow to draw BUT extremely concealed....