My new evil black shotgun!

Guest coldblackwind

Guest coldblackwind

Well, its not so evil I guess, but it is a shotgun! Single shot, break action, 12 ga, may be S.S. Kresge (never heard of them). Picked this bad boy up at KK's in manchester for $50, plus the background check, out the door baby! Figured for $50, you can't go wrong! Its been affectionately dubbed the anit-snake (as its gonna be my new snake gun for the rock strewn hills behind my house). Plan to chop the 22" (already sawed off once) barrel down to 18", and probably cut the stock off at the pistol grip, by then I figure the snakes will be shaking in their skins!

antisnake.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest coldblackwind
nice toes :P

Thank you! I'm quite proud of them. If you look closely, there may even be a hole in that sock!

As for the 26", i thought of that after i posted this, looks like i can chop the stock off, and cut the barrel to about 20" and it'll be legal, with a little buffer.

Guest coldblackwind
That's great man, just what you needed, one more shotgun! What does this make, 10... 12....37?

I'm the resident shotgun addict, and you're making me look bad!

buk

Bah, its not as bad as all that, I only have 6 shotguns, not counting the one you still have until that form 4 is done.

As for the BIG trigger guard, well, uhhh...., yeah, its a $50 shotgun. Thats a....ahem.....2" rigger. For what, I dunno, thats what is stamped into it. Hey, it works good should you ever want to put your entire hand in the trigger guard! Plus, if you look closely at it, that little black thing way up at the front of it is the release to break it open, so it has to be that long, just not necessarily that big around.

Guest coldblackwind

Yeah, I did a bit of research on it, couldn't find much, but apparently these were sold in Kmarts (as you mentioned), and five and dimes. Only top of the line here! It doesn't seem too intimidated sitting next to the remington's, mossbergs, and winchesters, but I think the galil and ar make it a bit nervous, and the ak pistol behind it really seems to worry it :).

• 2 years later...
Guest King703

Nice, I've gata Savage Arms 20g single shot break open that I am thinking about doing this to as well. I thought about putting a rail on it with a light and vertical grip.