Police: Man said 30,000 bullets were for target practice He is held on $500,000 bail

Guest edge3343

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the article, but didn't see what his crime was...I would bet his intention was to ship that ammo to his native country for a profit, but it apeared that he was arrested just for having that quantity...

Guest hickok

Somebody had better let me know if there's a maximum round count a person can own in Tennessee; otherwise, I'll assume there are no Nazis caring how much ammo I stock up for the range! :-)

Guest pws_smokeyjones

"Garcia is charged with three counts of possession of a high-capacity firearm, illegal possession of ammunition and illegal storage of a firearm."

"The prosecutor said all of the bullets seized from Garcia were for .38-caliber, 9 mm and .22-caliber firearms."

something doesn't add up unless his handguns didn't meet MA law on capacity limitations. I am guessing that 'illegal storage of a firearm' means that he didn't have them trigger locked etc...

Sounds like they used the laws against him and turned a mole hill into a mountain.

Heck...I have that much .22lr sitting in my closet...They would have a heart attack if they went through the ammo boxed in the basement!?!?!

FWIW it IS in MA. Does anyone know about limits here in TN? Seems that the stickler would not be law in our case, but insurance limitations and fire ordinances.

Sooooooooooo, is there a limit on the number of rounds a person can possess? I have more than 6-7000 rounds of .22 caliber bullets. These .22 caliber bullets are NOT the ERB .223 REM rounds, but rather .22LR. My son shoots the hell out of these when we got to the range, atleast 5-600 at any one time. Any of you who have an AR .22 LR conversion kit know these can go fast. I might add that I bought these legally online in bulk. No laws broken.

I guess they are moving forward with the prosecution of right-wing extremists. :D I'm so glad I don't live in the liberal, communist converting states of the northeast. Next thing you know, they will make hammers and sickles illegal.

If I'm not mistaken, MA law limits both hi-cap mags and the number of rounds of ammo one can have.

Ironic considering this is the state that gave us the battle of Lexington and Concord...

If I'm not mistaken, MA law limits both hi-cap mags and the number of rounds of ammo one can have.

Ironic considering this is the state that gave us the battle of Lexington and Concord...

Go to:

NRA-ILA ::

Click on MA on map to get PDF.

Article starts with:

A complex procedure is set out for the purchase of rifes,

shotguns, handguns, their related feeding devices, ammunition,

“large capacity frearms†and “large capacity feeding devices.â€

Complex is right. I gave up.

- OS

Guest JHatmaker
Like he brought her up here in a crate? LOL "Mike don't drop that crate! It says FRA-GEE-LAY!"

"Ahh, must be Italian..."

Guest justme

it isn't the business of the "police" how much ammunition I have on my person, or in my home or car--if I am minding my own business and I choose to store 5-10k rounds of ammo in my car--what business is it of the police just because he/she/they may or may not think it is a good thing to do...if I mind my own business and stay within the law they should do the same.

just more governmental interference at its finest...not to mention a waste of taxpayer money.

Another from that story,

"OOOOOOOHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDGUHHH!!!!"

"But I didn't say fudge..." Ok enough derailment.

Just me I agree with ya, but in this case something seems off. Works at a bakery and has 25,000 cash hid away and 30,000 rounds of ammo? Shipping business? I don't know man...

I noticed in the link this was part of the address

/punewshh
kinda sounds like a 3 year old saying my username lol Edited by Punisher84
Guest justme
"But I didn't say fudge..." Ok enough derailment.

Just me I agree with ya, but in this case something seems off. Works at a bakery and has 25,000 cash hid away and 30,000 rounds of ammo? Shipping business? I don't know man...

IMO It isn't odd to have $15-25k in cash hidden away.. I can give you a good scenario to prove it..because if you have money in the bank and you go to withdraw $8-10k to buy something with, the IRS/FBI and maybe the DEA are immediately going to be notified and you are most likely going to be interrogated as to what you plan to do with your own money...as if you can't withdraw your own money to buy something with that you might really want, or to cover some unexpected expense that might have just come up...on the other hand--keep your money out of the banks and you have no fear of your government trying to intrude into your life wanting to know when was the last time you took a leak simply because you chose to withdraw just a little more money than they thought appropriate...we are still in a relatively free society, and this man should have had the right to have as much cash and as much ammo as he wanted, without fear of intrusion into his life.

so here is another scenario: you don't trust banks, so what do you do? you store your money where you, and only you will know about it or have access to it. I know of stories where people really placed their money in mason jars and buried them in their yards, and hid it in their homes, that is their thing and it is their right to do it...

and if you watch what you spend and take care of your finances--it does not take as long as you might think to save up a good sum of money....

the story isn't that fishy--it really isn't.

the thing is---society is being indoctrinated to believe that if the government says we are evil, then we must be evil...so they portray the man as a bad guy, slap him in jail, seize his money, ammunition and firearms, place him on an outrageous cash bond and then try to charge him with a crime that he really didn't commit just to get the money and spread fear among the rest of the sheep to keep them in line...Now THAT is a far more likely and acceptable story to what happened here.

IMHO anyway.

Edited by justme

just,budy I don't think you get where he's coming from here.

somebody add up how much money 30000 rounds cost at pre-election cost. Ad to that the cash he had stashed back. A barker employee isn't going to have those funds! Pllain and simple math here.

I can understand saving,and not spending.....but an average person does not do that with out a bank.Especially a guy on a modest,regular joes paycheck.

The only people in todays word that does that is either an illegal or a drug dealer.

You also have to wonder how,and why they actually went after him.

A regular guy isn't going to have the fuzz on them for no reason....