What I have:

2008 Ford F250 Superduty King Ranch with factory 2-Din stero

What I want:

2-Din

Navigation

Full Ipod/Iphone integration

XM

DVD

Touch screen (not a must, but would be nice)

Blue Tooth (not a must, but would be nice)

I would like to spend around 1000.00 on the unit.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker

Joe,

The coolness of your lifestyle alone may single-handedly be the offset for global warming.

I'm quite sure that the city limits of Winchester are at least one degree cooler than neighboring counties.

Guns, gears, garages, gadgets...You suck. And I hate you.

:P

Easy, kill the competition with geekness...

Those who know me know that I'm kind of the type that gets, umm, caught up in things. If I decide to do something, I generally go overboard...

That being said, in January of '08, I decided that having the ability to hook up my iPhone and listen to the tunes digitally through my stock head unit (stereo) in my auto wasn't quite kewl enough for me, so I figured I'd do something a bit more, ehh, over the top.

I decided to install a Mac Mini. With a touchscreen.

So now I'm done with my new Mac Mini carputer install. It's finally and here are a few pics I just got back from the guy I hired to do the custom dash fabrication for the touchscreen:

Front view:

RL_dash_04.jpg

Side view - shows the off axis view under bad lighting conditions:

RL_dash_07.jpg

Great color matching:

RL_dash_08.jpg

The Mini went in the center console with the Apple wireless keyboard and the tiny mouse I nabbed for it. Also got a GPS USB receiver and RouteBuddy software for navigation purposes but I'm most excited about having my entire CD collection (just over 10,000 songs) at my fingertips (literally) all the time!

The Millenicom wireless internet modem works GREAT - I have mobile internet at all times. Thinking about getting a Slingbox just for kicks.

Dash shot:

Dash_shot.jpg

Close up:

close_up.jpg

Passenger view:

Passeneger_view.jpg

It's a MAC!

Mac.jpg

Touchscreen IR remote receiver and micro switches (for future use):

IR_switches.jpg

Griffin Powermate for volume and track switching:

Powermate.jpg

All three input devices (besides touchscreen):

input_devices.jpg

GPS:

GPS_RB.jpg

Internet!

EMF.jpg

These pics are crummy, I know, iPhone doesn't have a great camera anyway, but trying to capture an illuminated object at night with said camera is even worse...

Anyway, two shots of my Garmin software in action:

Garmin_1.JPG

Garmin_2.JPG

This is a blast!

Joe,

The coolness of your lifestyle alone may single-handedly be the offset for global warming.

I'm quite sure that the city limits of Winchester are at least one degree cooler than neighboring counties.

Guns, gears, garages, gadgets...You suck. And I hate you.

Yeah, you ever notice how it feels like we have the AC set on 55 degrees whenever you are at Hero-Gear?

Well, we dont even run the AC...thats how cool we are :P

/jokes

Crimsonaudio, that is freaking sweet.

Thank you!

I must see that sometime.

PM me and we'll set up a time to 'show it off'...

What does something like that a feller back?

I honestly have no idea but I'm guessing I about $3.5k total.

crutchfield is a great place to look, but i have heard they are on the high side.

Car Audio: Subwoofers, Car Stereos, Amps, Receivers, CD Players

look at either the

Kenwood Excelon DNX8120

or

Alpine IVA-W505

from what i can tell neither are touchscreen, but they both have everything else you want except the alpine requires a tuner kit in order to get XM instead of sirius.