The last gun I'm buying for a long time....

TN9mm

?action=view&current=DSC00167.jpg

Was considering an LCP for now as a carry piece but really wanted the EMP. Took some good advice from TripleDigitRide, Brian@GunDepot, and JHatmaker from my earlier thread about the micro 1911's I was considering and made the trip over to Hero Gear this morning. Got there just as they opened and this sweet EMP was waiting there with my name on it. Previously loved but in virtually flawless condition. Joe from Hero Gear emailed back and forth with me this weekend about his availability...thanks Joe. His crew hooked me up with the gun a nice leather holster and now I'm ready to go C&L. Sweet...just gotta get out to the range and make sure she likes my ammo etc. Can't wait. My gun funds are now depleted for a long time...but I was getting sick of not having a true carry piece, full size auto is comforting due to capacity but heavy and bulky after a while.

Thanks Hero Gear... +1 from TN9MM!!! :drama:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker
Nice gun. I wish I a nickel for for everytime I said "this is going to be last gun I'm buying for a long time". :D

Ditto!

Guest Bluemax
Ditto!

Double Ditto!!!!

That really is a good looking gun. Please let us know how she performs when you get to shoot her.

Guest Rick O'Shay
Nice gun. My last gun was a G19. Unfortunately I shot a couple of different 1911's at the range this weekend, so it looks like my last gun is gonna be something in .45. ;)

Yup. That's how it starts.

Guest hickok

"Last gun I'm buying for a long time. . ."

I think I've said that to myself a time or two, but I usually discover that that guy in the mirror turns out to be one lying rascal ! :-)

Guest Vincent

I think a 1911 in 9mm would be a very nice choice. I like 1911s. I like 9mm. Seems like a great match to me.

I just got a Kahr CW9. I had a Kahr E-9 (carbon steel/parkerized) since about 1995 but the light weight of the 17oz CW9 was calling my name:D . 10oz lighter than the E-9 and an even thinner grip.

I'm happy.......for now:rolleyes::screwy:

I think a 1911 in 9mm would be a very nice choice. I like 1911s. I like 9mm. Seems like a great match to me.
I completely agree. That is why I fell in LOVE with this gun. She is a beautifully crafted pistol. A 1911 designed specifically for 9mm, may as well have been designed for TN9MM. The smaller grip circumference allows for a very secure grip, helps eliminate that snap that you get from shooting a smaller gun. All of the controls fall perfectly in my hand and I do love 2 tone guns. Glad I found a like new used one, saved some $$ and I did not buy it as a safe queen, I bought it to be my EDC piece for the long term and it is a little less stressful handling an expensive (for me) gun. If it were new I would be scared to use it for it's purpose (although like some others on this board I don't think holster wear is really a bad thing) it just makes it easier to stomach. Kinda like buying a used boat you don't have to cringe every time you power up on the trailer b/c the hull already has some scratches.

I was able to make a quick range run yesterday and boy this thing is awesome. 5 different types of ammo 150 rounds absolutely no issues. More accurate than my full size combat pistols (Beretta 92 FS or Ruger P95). Could be just the way the gun fits my hand and that sweet 1911 trigger + the Match Grade Barrel.

At any rate the accuracy delivered from a gun this small is amazing. Only shot a few mags really going for accuracy, was really looking to verify function of the gun. My best target at 7 yards was about just under 2 inches. I could not be more happy! Some more pics to follow tomorrow. This is an awesome weapon!!! Kinda ironic my new companion shares a name with one of my biggest fears in life: the dreaded EMP.

Edited by TN9mm