ACT NOW!!!! BILLS MOVING TODAY 5-18-09 PARKS AND CARRY IN VEHICLE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so National Forest? The federal law is for National Parks and Federal Wildlife refuges. And that's not for 15 months.

Also, even with the new state park proposed law, are TN WMA areas covered?

- OS

thats what I meant, Im well aware of the 15 months... I was just pointing out the law change. Seems some people take everything so literal and are so quick to point out if someone happens to misspeak... even if their ententions are misunderstood. I guess I'll start useing more Smiles and such... :lol:

Btw... I do think Tn's WMA's will be covered... just IMHO or BMHI(By my humble interpretation) dont take that to the bank just yet.

Edited by GLOCKMEISTER
thats what I meant, Im well aware of the 15 months... I was just pointing out the law change. Seems some people take everything so literal and are so quick to point out if someone happens to misspeak... even if their ententions are misunderstood. I guess I'll start useing more Smiles and such... :lol:

\

Cool...wasn't trying to be a snoot...excusame.

My main point, though, was that National Forests are not mentioned in the new federal bill at all; they are also under a different agency than either of the two mentioned in the bill.

- OS

So what happened? Anyone know?

I've been away....

Just now checking they are still in session, looks like they are on item 22 of 47 on the Regular Calendar.

HB0716 is Item 3 on the Message Calendar which is usually done after the Regular Calendar. Figure they will break for lunch in a little, so could be quite a bit later this afternoon before the get to it.

Guest canynracer
Serious question regarding the "long guns" law: I like to load up magazines for my M11 9mm submachinegun before going to the range because they are 32 round single stack mags and take forever to load. I normally transport it in my trunk with one mag in the magwell, bolt closed (open bolt gun).

Is my M11 considered a "long gun"? Its 13 inches total with a 5" barrel, not including the length of the collapsable OEM stock.

When you did your background check was it done as a rifle/Long gun? it certainly isnt a handgun.

just my thoughts...

Guest coldblackwind
When you did your background check was it done as a rifle/Long gun? it certainly isnt a handgun.

just my thoughts...

Actually, I think m11's are classified as handguns (although full auto, I dunno). Thus the fact they don't have to have 16" barrels, as that would be bit ridiculous....Plus, my father has had a couple cobrays, and micro uzi's (about the same size) and such in NY, and they had to registered as handguns.