My nefew shooting his new Garand.

K191145

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it, I keep getting error reports everytime I post a video. Try this link.

Edit: Sorry, it seems I'm not very good at posting YouTube video's on this forum.

Edited by K191145

He took it to a gun smith last week, he said all it needed was a good cleaning. Seems to shoot fine now. I'm going to the range this week at the wildlife managment area in Cheatham Co. with him, it will be the first time for me shooting a Garand.

I just did a test post of a you tube video and it worked just how I thought.

Just copy the url and paste it into the post like regular words.

PS:

What was wrong with his garand?

Mine had problems too but it was fixed by swapping out the trigger group

Guest tnmale46
He took it to a gun smith last week, he said all it needed was a good cleaning. Seems to shoot fine now. I'm going to the range this week at the wildlife managment area in Cheatham Co. with him, it will be the first time for me shooting a Garand.
enjoy
I just did a test post of a you tube video and it worked just how I thought.

Just copy the url and paste it into the post like regular words.

PS:

What was wrong with his garand?

Mine had problems too but it was fixed by swapping out the trigger group

He said he shot one clip through it the day after he bought it at the gun show and it would'nt shoot the second clip he tried. That's all he told me. He knew how to field strip it, I told him to clean and lube it good, he probably didn't.

My video problem may have something to do with AOL desktop. I have Comcast but I use AOL desktop to keep my old e-mail addresses. I'm having problems with AOL desktop today, I can't even bring up my favorite web sites.

Guest tnmedic

Is that before or after he the gunshop visit, lol, I just saw your nephew this morning when he relieved me at work. LOL

never mind I see it is after the gunshop

Is that before or after he the gunshop visit, lol, I just saw your nephew this morning when he relieved me at work. LOL

never mind I see it is after the gunshop

Hi tnmedic. Yes it seems that he has it all tuned up now, I can't wait to shoot it, I guess he's not going to the range today since he's working.

What was wrong with the 2nd clip? What type of Ammo... New Mfg'd ammo can cause op rod issues if the load is "too hot".

I'm not sure what brand of ammo he's using but he plans to buy some CMP ammo in loaded clips in bandeleros. I assume that's WW2 to Korean war era.

I saw R. Lee Ermy on Mail Call shoot a device made for a 1903 Springfield to make it a semi-auto, it had special WW1 .30 caliber ammo for it and every round went bang without a malfunction.