Question on XD-9 DAO?

rwt101

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

also according to IDPA the XD is softer than a glock on trigger pull, since the action of chambering a round places the trigger in a different position than sitting at rest.

I was thinking that, but I was not sure. Because once you rack the slide and chamber a round, the spring is set if I am not mistaken. Then the trigger is only releasing the firing pin. Am I correct on that.

Bob T

Guest jos2f

I would consider it SAO in the fact that by chambering a round you are setting the firing pin in place. In this case, the trigger pull simply releases the striker.

To answer your question, the pull is much easier and smoother than a Keltec or LCP. Those have pretty bad triggers imo.

The XD is very smooth, although it is still heavier than a SAO follow up shot on a Sig or other DA/SA guns.

Finally, you have the two shooting safeties on the XD which make it a safer carry gun than those without any safeties at all

Guest jos2f

If you can, try to shoot both. While I've never shot an FNP, I like how it felt in my hand.

However, I do own 2 XD's so in this case I am more comfortable with the XD.

Is this for carrying or the range? As I said earlier, the built in safeties in the XD make it a safer gun to carry imo.

I wanted it for ccw. Of course range use also. I do like the built in safeties. I have not seen either one in person yet. There is a gun show this weekend and I hope to see them both. I want to see the size of the compact. It looks top heavy.

Bob T

Edited by rwt101
Guest jos2f

Definitely at least hold both and see what feels comfortable. See how you can reach for the magazine release while keeping your shooting grip, how easy it is for you to rack the slide etc.

The XD's are somewhat top heavy, however this is supposedly due to the design. They say you can more or less hold your arm up to where you want to shoot and the sights will be lined up there already, whereas some other guns you do the same thing and the gun isn't the "extension" of your arm.

The XD's shoot great though, best gun for the money (again, in my opinion :drama:)

I wanted it for ccw. Of course range use also. I do like the built in safeties. I have not seen either one in person yet. There is a gun show this weekend and I hope to see them both. I want to see the size of the compact. It looks top heavy.

Bob T

I have XD service and sub compact 9mm, my EDC.

I'll have my subbie at the Knoxville show Sat if that's the one you're going to.

Several of us meeting at nine, as there were NONE at the last show I went to.

PM me for cell phone if you like, so we could hook up if there's not any at the show, you could at least get an XD in your hand.

As for the trigger, this "definition" is beaten to death now and then, and the XD and Glock triggers have slightly different mechanical functions when the slide is racked, and when the trigger is pulled, but for all practical purposes, I think it's only logical to consider the XD a single action trigger.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot