Opinions on Stoeger Shotguns

Auburn

I was looking at Stoeger over-and-under shotguns at Gander. They seem to be the cheapest shotguns they carried, but I'm not familiar with the brand. Has anyone had experience with Stoeger? Thanks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Straight Shooter

I think the Stoegers are very decent guns for the price. My 2000 is a very sharp looking,good shooting gun,and I really like it.

No experiance with the O/U's,but Ive not heard nor read anything bad on them.

I really like my Stoeger 12 guage sxs Uplander. I don't know what anyone thinks of Gun Tests Magizine, they buy and rate guns and have no advertisment so they claim they are not biased on any Maker. They have always given Stoegers a good grade, quality for the price is their main factor.

If I'm not mistaken the Stoeger O/U's are made in Turkey. Not that it matter's, they are of fine quality. Benelli is the company that owns the name.

Auburn, are you specifically looking for an O/U shotty or just a shotgun? 'Cause the last time I was there they still had NEF Parder Pump 12 ga's for 199.95, if you are bent on buying from Gander.

Edited by Garufa
Guest clownsdd

From what I understand, they are made in Brazil under Benelli's license.

I use my 12ga o/u for target shooting and really like it.

If I'm not mistaken the Stoeger O/U's are made in Turkey. Not that it matter's, they are of fine quality. Benelli is the company that owns the name.

Auburn, are you specifically looking for an O/U shotty or just a shotgun? 'Cause the last time I was there they still had NEF Parder Pump 12 ga's for 199.95, if you are bent on buying from Gander.

I'm leaning toward the O/U for skeet shooting. No loyalty to Gander, they just had the Stoegers for $359. Thanks to all for the reports.

Guest 70below

that price at gander was surprisingly the cheapest I found when I was looking a while back. I thought for sure if they were $359 at gander I could find 'em for $299 somewhere else, but much to my surprise, most places had 'em for $399. Once in a great while Gander has a good price....I just hate to EVER give them any money because of the rest of the crap they try to rip you on.

I have a Stoeger SxS 12ga Coach gun used for Cowboy Action Shooting. It shot well and held up to a lot of use. ...

My son and I spent quite a bit of time shooting with the Cowboy Action guys. The Stoeger SxS coachgun is a staple with them -- probably the most used shotgun in cowboy action shooting. They burn lots of powder thru them and they hold up very well. Stoeger is a great shotgun; especially for the money. You can certainly buy a more expensive side by; or over and under; but I doubt you can find one more durable at 3 or 4 times the price.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

LEROY